4

Jule

"Be quiet." He mumbled softly as he tightened his hug.

"Joshua!" I said in his ear. He woke up and he was shock, so was I. We both fell to the floor, with me laying on him. Our heads bumped into each other and we could feel each others' heartbeat.

"I'm terribly sorry, Jule." He said quickly and helped me back to the sofa. "Ah.. It's.. No problem.." I said. I looked at my watch 06:38 p.m. "Ah, I have to be home." I said. Without asking, he pulled my body, somehow, and now I'm riding his back, again. I grabbed my bag with one of my hands and he walked to my house.

My mom answered the door and before they had the chance to talk, I told Joshua to just go upstairs and put me on my bed. He did what I asked and without even showering, I fell asleep.

*

"Sunday morning, rain is falling." I could hear someone singing. I checked my watch. 04.30 a.m. I could feel my knee getting better so I walked to the window, Joshua was on the other side, singing while playing his guitar. I opened my window and threw one of my book to the other side, it wasn't a really long distance, and luckily it landed on Joshua's side. "Your voice is really sweet  but don't wake people up on four-thirty in the morning, please." I said. He grabbed the book and I examined the book I threw.

My music book.

It wasn't really music, it was just a book I wrote some lyrics of my songs and poetry and stuff like does.

Wait.

That book is in Joshua's hand!

"DON'T OPEN IT" I yelled. "What if I do?" He asked. "PLEASE JUST DON'T" I said. He closed his curtains and I couldn't see him. I groaned in anger.

Why..

I'm such a fool..

*

I skipped my daily jog because I don't wanna see Joshua. Eventually I realized I'll see him at school so I sighed, and the bus stopped at my stop. I got down and continue my daily routine

I walked inside and Jun was on the cashier, just like always.

"Hey, Jule." He said with a wave. I walked closer to him and saw my regular coffees near him.

"Someone already paid for you." He said. "Who?" I asked. Maybe Jun? Ah, if it's him, I should really thank him.

"Joshua." He said.

...

"Jo.. Joshua?" I said. "Yup. He stopped by just now. I think I saw him riding a bike to school." He continued. I accept the coffee he handed and he exits the cashier counter.

"I need to go to school now, bye." He said.

"Bye." I replied as we both walked out the minimarket and go to our seperate ways. I arrived at school on 07.05 a.m. A bit late on my schedule, but, it didn't really matter.

I stopped exactly outside my class. Preparing myself for Joshua's teasing. Of course he had read the whole book. I sighed as I start walking inside.

Joshua's seat was empty.

I cleared my thought about him and sat down. There was something under my drawer.

My book!

There's a note attached to it.

Sorry, Jule.
Btw, I didn't even read a single word.

-Joshua

"I really didn't." A voice appeared. I looked at the door.

Joshua was standing there with his uniform full of dirt stains.

"What happened to you?" I asked after he sat down. "I got beat up." He answered. "By?" I asked. "Dunno." He said with a breeze.

I pulled out a sanitary tissue and cleaned up the dirt spots. I also tidied his hair a bit. But I stopped when he grabbed my wrist.

"Jule." He called.

"Ye... Yes?" I asked.

*