35. Together Again

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

also sorry that this is really short and only has harry/selena's pov's but that's where i wanted to end it

__________________________________________

Selena's POV: 

"So, how's you and Harry?" my mum brings up, as she brews another pot of coffee for the two of us, knowing it is our guilty pleasure. She hums as she adds in hazelnut and vanilla bean cream into our warm matching green mugs.

"I'd rather not talk about him," I sigh as I continue writing notes. Even though the school year is dwindling down, we still have a few senior projects leftover to do. 

"Did you see him when you came back?" she sets my cup on the counter and I give her a grateful smile as she sips from her own. 

"Yeah," I breathe out, wanting to forget the whole encounter. It was ridiculous. 

"And?" 

"And what, mum?" I start laughing.

"What happened? What did he say?" 

"Nothing important," I mumble, jotting down more bullet points. 

"Sel," she raises an eyebrow, "I know I've been distant for so long but I still want you to feel comfortable talking to me."

"I am comfortable talking to you. It's just that I'm uncomfortable about this topic, to everyone. Even myself," my voice lowers before I finally take a break, dropping my pencil to wrap my cold hands around the warm drink. 

"Okay. How was hanging out with Luke? You were barely around in the free time," she winks suggestively and I shake my head.

"Nothing like what you think. He just took me around, doing some tourist things and seeing views. We're over, mum. We talked about it and he understands."

"That's good. Luke was always a sweetheart," she grins.

"You hated his lip piercing though."

"I still do. You better not get one," she playfully scolds as I smile. 

"Although sometimes it feels interesting, kisses with cold metal can ruin the warm sensation," I admit as she bursts out into almost light giggles. Seeing her so relaxed with crinkles at her eyes and a bubbly personality makes me feel that things are perfectly fine at the moment even when they're far from it. 

"Look at my little girl, growing up and knowing how to enjoy kisses and such," she teases. 

She leans over my textbook, pointing out at paragraphs and asking me what class it was and what I'm learning about. I smile seeing how interested she is in my life now and how hard she is trying to make up for her long absences. 

"It's psychology. Humans are so...," I want to say fucked up but knowing she will scold me for my foul language that I unfortunately picked up from Harry, "messed up." 

"I guess, but that's the appeal, right? We're beautiful disasters, living paradoxes." 

"We appreciate things with intricacy, detail, and complication, not something that can just be easily copied and understood. Otherwise, we'd be pretty boring, don't you think?"