29. Gotta Love Me Harder

'cause if you want to keep me, you gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta got to love me harder
and if you really need me, you gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta got to love me harder

HAPPY 23RD BIRTHDAY TO LOUIS TOMLINSON

_______________________________________________________

Selena's POV: 

It seems like everyday I'm exposing more and more of Harry, having the privilege to witness parts of him I feel that no one has gotten to see. The whole Valentine's plan blew me out of the water; it was the last thing I ever expected from him--I couldn't even form words at how heartwarming the gesture was.

February was blissful and I'm not sure if it were simply because of Valentine's, but the month had Harry in a very loving mood which was nice. With March now in toll, I realize how quickly time seems to past. In a matter of time, high school will be over and then there's the looming fact that we need to grow up even more so than before and direct ourselves to start a path that can potentially dictate the rest of our lives. I had applied to many places, with my dream being Oxford University, so I can pursue an English major. 

It's been something I wanted for so long but I never told anyone except Zac and he supported me completely before his death. I think my dad noticed my interest in what he does but I don't think he was truly aware of how passionate I was in his art. Mum knew I always lingered in the library even when Dad wasn't around so I'm sure she has a slight inclination but nothing too definite. 

I didn't even tell my friends of what I wanted to be or where I wanted to go. Knowing I was going to move to Holmes Chapel and not expecting to get close to anyone during my senior year, I thought confiding in others wasn't necessary. Now, with Harry, I'm unsure about the whole plan of keeping quiet. It was hard to discuss our futures with Harry bluntly denying any conversation about graduation to arise. I know he doesn't have the best grades and it was his second time doing senior year, after all. Did he even apply to other schools? 

"Hey, you okay?" his voice brings me back to the current situation. We are sitting in his car and a light drizzle just started--nothing surprising here in the United Kingdom. Dreary weather is a common occurence. 

"Yeah, sorry. I got lost in some thoughts," I smile weakly at him.

"Well, we're here," he pats my thigh with a concerned look but I send another reassuring glance his way to let him know it's no big deal. As we exit the vehicle, Anne comes towards us with a huge hug. 

"Thank you so much for watching the kids. I trust you guys to take good care, right?" she pulls back, giving Harry a serious look, "I trust you, Selena, at least."

"Mum," he whines, almost as child-like as the kids we're babysitting.

"No funny business. I'll be back in a few hours. Food are in the fridge, Logan hates jam, Izzy is allergic to peanuts--" she is cut off by Harry rolling his eyes.

"We got it. You should be thanking the stars we're even doing this," he huffs. I slap his arm at his rudeness that he couldn't care less for.

"It's no problem, really. Have a safe trip," I kiss her cheek before heading towards the house, leaving Harry and his mum alone. She remembered she had to run a few errands and go to a hair appointment but she was originally in charge of watching some of her niece and nephews and Gemma had something to do in Uni. 

"Who are you?" the girl with dark hair pulled back in a high ponytail curiously stares at me. I notice a boy that looks similar to her but with bright blue eyes instead of brown ones join her in the interrogation.