Chapter 31

"dad?"

I couldn't believe my eyes. The man I hadn't seen for 12 years was not. Right in front of me. He had gone a little gray and a few wrinkles were evident on his face.

"ray." he says smiling so warmly, the smile I've missed for years.

"I-I-I don't, what- how?" I say scared to take a step forward. Was this a vision?.

"I've got a lot of explaining to do." he chuckles nervously a he takes a few steps forward. I suddnelt feel tense for some unkown reason. "I've missed you so much my boy." he says embracing me. This was the fatherly hug I've longed for, for so many years and here he was in front of me, words could never explain how shocked I was.

"what the hell is going on." I say still completely shocked at the fuck is going on. My father sighs heavily as he glances towards Maria and smiles warmly.

"I guess you deserve an explanation." the fuck I do. "ever since I had gotten involved with Maria's uncle I knew I wouldn't be able to free myself from the situation and the worse part was that if I didn't fake my death they would of targeted you and your mother, if I was dead there would be no reason for Maria's father to ever hurt you and your mother. The CIA helped cover my death and I've been working undercover for them ever since, tracking down Maria's father was my job and evem throughout all these years his location was unknown. " he says sighing as he places a hand on my shoulder. I couldn't process any of this. It was as if my Brain coidktn handle anything that was going on.

"I- I don't know. I-I'm so confused." I still couldn't believe that my father was standing right in front of me.

"I know son. All I ever wanted to do was be with you especially after mum...." he says trailing off and I could feel the hurt come back. "but I'm here now, we're here to take down marias father and now I can finally be in your life." he says flashing me the warmest of smiles. I got my dad back?, fuck I have my dad back.

"sorry Maria. You must be in a load of pain." he says as he goes to Maria and helps her up.

"um its okay I was just watching." she says smiling awkwardly but even I could see the shock in her eyes.

"all these years." I whispered. "you were alive" I say looking at him.

"yes and