Chapter 28 - Training.

Chapter 28 – Training.

After five hours of watching the rest of the members fight, I was incredibly exhausted. I had to make demonstrations here and there with no breaks in-between. Everyone was now divided into weight training, close contact fighting and training with various weapons. Different from the previous situations, they had to learn to use what they had at hand. Sometimes preparation was forgotten, but eventually it’s the skill that wins all fights. I nod my head off into the direction of weight training to the last pair that was left. They bow and make their way over there. I’m on my way to the office when a hand grabs my arm and pulls me backwards.

“Can we talk?” Decorus pleads a look of determination clear in his eyes.

 I rip my arm out of his grip and push him backwards. He stumbles backwards.

“Anna, I’m begging you.” He shouts after me. I turn around and see him genuinely hopeful that I would say yes. I raise my eyebrow and give a cold smirk. His face falls and he looks down on the floor. His left leg drops and the right follows; he was on two knees literally begging.

“What do you think you’re doing? Get up.” I am in a complete state of shock.

“I need you to listen to me.” He looks into my eyes trying to penetrate my locked gates.

 “What makes you think I would listen to you just because you went on your knees?” I challenge his actions.

“I am going to stay here until you listen to what I have to say.” He states with complete confidence.

I roll my eyes and walk away at his pathetic form. I touch the knob, but before I enter I say something to Decorus that was still staring at me.

“Remember how you said that my heart was cracked? I was working with the pieces that I had left over and was getting hurt in return. That small bit of heart I had left was thrown away because I didn’t need it anymore.” I explain. I walk inside my office and lean against the door as it closes.

The part in my life when I was tracking down Aiden, I believed my solitary life was over for a bit. Having the Strong Three right behind me in an event that I thought could threaten my life gave me some sort of comfort. I hated to admit it, but having someone there for me was one of the amazing feelings I ever experienced. After losing Caleb as a lover and him physically along with Aiden I began to see how difficult my life was previously and how it was going to be in the future. I didn’t comprehend how I survived this long on my own. So many romance novels encourage taking a risk and opening your heart to other choices, but that shit was sugarcoated. Throughout life you learn how made up everything you have known has been. I lean my head back and close my eyes in frustration. I am more than determined to become a strong leader and in order for that to happen I needed to get rid of my emotions. I was going to get rid of them; I have to.

A call interrupts my thoughts and I stare at the telephone blinking red on my desk. This was the phone the Strong Three used every day for tasks that members were called on duty for. I hesitantly reach my hand towards it. I shake my head of my worries and pick up the phone.

“Abditus, there’s been some problems. Someone is attempting to overthrow you three; all of you must be careful and take all precautions.” A voice on the end shouts.

“That’s nice to know.”

“Anna?”

I chuckle emotionlessly and answer. “Abditus, Immitis and Decorus are only mere members in this organization. You will have to find their personal contacts to reach them. Now, is that all you wanted to tell them or is there more?”