Chapter 12 - Enemies are frenemies.

Chapter 12 - Enemies are Frenimies

 I walk towards the café that Caleb took me to, trying to tame the beast inside my stomach. I order a black coffee and a couple of pastries that I remember eating. It was bad thing to reminisce the past, but this would be my exception. I missed him no matter what he did against me. I guess that was the true small girl inside me that was present when I was with Aiden. I was incredibly tired of getting hurt by someone I chose to keep close.

I close my eyes and sit back trying to find out the relationship and the secrets everyone was hiding. This whole situation seemed interconnected somehow and that made it even harder to figure it out. The first thing I had to find is where I could find either Alec or Aiden. I try to remember the last time I saw Alec in the hospital. There was nothing worth thinking over until I jump at the sound of someone shouting on the phone. I glare at the middle aged women screaming at the person on the phone. “

I told you to think it through before you have sex with your boyfriend!” She shouts. Cookie crumbs spilling out of her mouth as I shake my head, shutting my eyes.

My eyes snap open as I remember one important conversation I overheard.

“Alec, I told you to think this through!” The person on the phone shouts.

“I tried. We can use this to our advantage; if she’s linked to me, there’s no way she wouldn’t be on our side–“

“You don’t understand this, Alec!”

“What are you saying? True love will be the only way.”

“We have another threat on our hands, but the Elite aren’t going to follow his plans. We have a bit of time left before we need to start preparing our men. But this time leave your lovey dovey shit at home.” 

Alec was on the phone with someone and I can remember most of the things that were said. I was needed on their side of the army. Aiden was most likely using Alec’s money and status to gain more support for his army. Aiden and Alec probably had identical goals. They longed to be leaders in the Elite. The only thing I couldn’t understand was how Caleb was involved in this. He was not a werewolf, meaning it was nearly impossible for him to have a relation with any part of the Elite. Thinking back on that conversation, Aiden must have a worse relation with the Elite than I thought. He was rejected, but I didn’t understand why he would go so far. There had to be another reason and it could be either of two things. He had a vendetta or he wanted the strength that came with the Elite. If he were able to overthrow the Strong Three; he would a have a far greater reputation. He would be able to control everything and everyone.

My phone rings and my thoughts are immediately pushed aside. It was a private caller and it kept me on my toes as I put my phone towards my ear. I wait for a response before I say anything.

“Anna, it’s been awhile.”

“Aiden,” I breathe out. 

“Can we talk somewhere; I’ll take you out to dinner.”

“Sure, I have a new answer for your proposition.” I interject.

“And what would that be?” He questions, surprise laced in his voice.

“I was thinking too rashly; I want to bring the Elite to ruins.” I voice, anger filling my emotions.

“You’re a member now, aren’t you?” He had people following me. He knew up to some part what the Elite were doing. My privacy’s violated and the level of distress is at an all time high.

“They rejected me the first time. What makes you think I accepted their apology?” I challenge. “I would have had to swallow my pride to become a member. They think I’m on their side, but in all honesty I just want this to add on to a bigger finale.”

He chuckles and makes a sound in agreement. “I’ll see you soon, Anna.”