Chapter 27 - New thoughts.

Chapter 27 – New thoughts.

After dissecting the book from cover to cover, I could see that I was what the prophecy described. My blood could only be used as an anecdote if I loved that person or had a deep rooted unconditional connection. The Strong Three have been there since I was born and have been put into my bloodline. Accepting the throne for the Elite meant that they became part of the family. My blood would work on Immitis, Abditus, Decorus , my parents and my brother. My blood had the ability to cure and also create strength. It allowed for a brief period of an amount of strength greater than an alpha, but I would still be stronger. The day the sacred child figured out her abilities they would be increased tremendously; I would not need my wolf any longer. My wolf would eventually die off There was one thing that caught me off guard though. There was one bolded word in the article, Immortality.

            I didn’t know how to react to that. Immortality wasn’t something that interested me. According to the legend, there would only be one leader that would lead the Elite forever. That one person was me destined to be me. I rub my hands over my face in frustration. After a certain age I would stop aging altogether. Werewolves started to age slower after a certain age making their live become prolonged. In all honesty, I am those depressing people that long for death. Having immortality meant a continuous life of loneliness. Suicide was a cowardice action and if I were to people like Aiden would threaten society. I turn off my laptop and realize what I have to do first. There was no way I could extend this any further; I needed to take my rightful place.  I get up to leave, but I’m completely numb. My heart quickens and I try to scream, but my throat tightens up. Excruciating pain erupts in every part of my body and my eyes roll to the back of my head. It felts as if every organ was being ripped apart by a large machete while someone else burned off my skin. The pain becomes unbearable and I lose myself into unconsciousness thinking if someone planned this against me.

I slowly awaken and feel refreshed. I walk towards the mirror and find myself looking dramatically different. There was a confident yet brutal aura surrounding me and my eyes were ice blue. My body was definitely more toned up and I felt my connection with my wolf completely gone. This was the transformation from becoming a werewolf to a sacred hybrid. Now I knew where to go and I was determined to receive what was taken away from me. As I walk down the street I realize the different stares I receive. There was fear in the eyes of humans and respect in the eyes of werewolves. I was a whole new person.

“Still smoking I see.” I shout at Abditus.

“Anna?” He stands up immediately and takes a step back.

“Who else would it be?” I ask, rhetorically. “Tell Immitis and Decorus to come to the office and you should come as well. And you need to assign a couple of your members to clean up on the building Aiden is located in.”

I walk inside and ignore the stares. I felt as if the members felt an unconditional amount of respect for me and loyalty. I stand in the corner of the room, opposite of the door and wait for the Strong Three to arrive.

“I’m telling you she’s different. She must’ve found out—“Abditus gets cut off as he realizes I’m already here.

“You might as well take a seat. Questions will be answered later on.” I announce, emotionlessly.

“How are you, Anna?” Decorus asks, sincerity reaching his voice.

“Don’t give me that bullshit. You guys set me up from the start. You used Caleb as well as me to get to what you wanted from the start.”

“Our goal wasn’t to get your blood at first.” Immitis corrects.

“That was the mistake on your part. I never mentioned what you used Caleb and me for. Now that you admitted to me that your plan became using me as a blood donor.”