•XXII •

TWENTY-TWO

TWENTY-TWO

The day finally came for the appointment that was going to reveal the sex of the baby, but unfortunately, Ava and Grayson had to wait for two days until they would find the gender of the baby due to the party that Dylan and Wren were throwing.  Ava was currently working, her fingers fiercely typing away on the computer in front of her, the email that she was typing became a blur as her mind kept going over to the clock straight ahead. Grayson was ten minutes late and their appointment was in twenty minutes and if Grayson didn't hurry he wouldn't come to the appointment with her and she'd just go alone. 

"Has Dylan shown you the pictures of the cake design?" Johnny asks Ava as he enters the office after his lunch break, a smile on his face.

"No," Ava sighed with a smile. "But I am sure that whatever he chose will be cute." She laughs along with Johnny who shooked his head as he put his leftover Subway sandwich on the desk. Ava quickly sends the email and looks over to the clock and sighed again. Five minutes have passed since she last checked, meaning he was now fifteen minutes late. Not wanting to be late, she grabs her winter coat from the coat hanger.

"Are you coming to the gender reveal?" She asks Johnny flipping her hair from inside her jacket that got caught. Johnny nods his head taking a bite out of his sandwich, his tongue poking out to capture the falling mayo. 

"Yeah, Dylan and I got separate gifts. Claiming he wanted his to look great because I can't pick out shit." He claims rolling his eyes to which Ava laughed and shook her head at what Johnny said. It didn't surprise Ava that Dylan said that, it was a very typical Dylan thing to say. 

"Well, I better go, Dylan and Wren, are meeting me over at the doctor's office."

"Grayson isn't coming?" Ava shrugs her shoulders grabbing her purse that was hidden under her desk. She honestly had no clue whether or not Grayson was coming. He said he was, yet he hasn't shown up to pick Ava up as they planned. Johnny shakes his head with a frown. "I thought this was a day that you shouldn't miss besides the birth."

"That's what I thought but I guess I thought wrong," Ava grumbles her anger for Grayson rising. Pushing her anger away, she gave Johnny a smile before bidding good-bye. While walking out to her car, Ava grabs her phone from her purse and sent a message to Grayson. 

'You're late so I'm taking myself to the appointment. Please hurry.'

The little swooshing sound of the message being sent is heard and Ava watches as the little-received message shows up. Unlocking her car, Ava quickly walks to her car and drives away. When she stops at a red light, she picks up her phone and opens her messages between her and Grayson, a frown settling on her face when she reads that Grayson opened it five minutes ago but never replied. 

• ~•~•  

The appointment was over and Grayson didn't show up. Ava tried to hold in her disappointment towards him, which was easy to do until she was alone and inside her car where everything was quiet and the only thing that she could hear was the rain silently tapping on her windows and her thoughts running around and around in her brain like a hamster on a treadmill. Right now Ava wanted to so badly cry, maybe it was her hormones but Ava was hurt that Grayson didn't fulfill his promise by coming to this appointment as he promised. Even though they weren't going to find out the gender of their baby today, this was an appointment that meant the same to her just like the others were. 

Thoughts ran through her mind like he could have gotten held up at work and had to stay later, or he could be stuck in traffic because it was bad in the city. He could even be in the hospital because he was apart of an accident and the paramedics forced him to stay to check his injuries even if he showed no signs of one. 

Those shouldn't be thoughts that run across someone's mind, especially a pregnant woman's mind but those are possibilities that could happen. So you technically can't blame Ava for thinking those things. 

"Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbye-"

Ava unlocks her phone, the song Goodbye by Russ sets as her ringtone for her notifications. No new messages besides the one from her father telling her good luck and that he will be at the gender reveal on Saturday. Another message pops up, but this time it was from Facebook. Opening it, her eyes roam along her feed quickly, the tears that wanted to fall from sadness soon replaced with anger as she reads the stupid post that she was tagged in which was posted by one of the girls on the cheer team. 

'I knew it was a matter of days before Grayson went crawling back to Corey. My heart honestly goes out to Ava who needs him most. Not Corey. She isn't pregnant... or is she?'

Below the post, there was a picture of Grayson indeed meeting Corey out at the local Starbucks. Ava knew that this was taken today because right behind Corey's head is a little blackboard that had today's date on it. Angry, Ava shuts her phone off along with the notifications so that she wasn't bombarded with comments from her haters and supposedly fans. This post made Ava want to listen to Goodbye by Russ and that's what she did. She blasted the song on high. 

Ava wanted to send a message to Grayson and ask if it was true but the picture of the two kissing that was also attached to the post told Ava everything. 

Grayson was back with Corey and went to meet up with her instead of going to the appointment with Ava. 

Word Count: 1111

Hey, guys short chapter I know, but at least I posted!

So what do you guys think? Do you think that Grayson actually got back with Corey?

What do you want the gender of the baby to be?

Also, I won't post at all next week because I'll be in Disneyworld so yeah...

Another thing, I've lived in Utah my whole life and just realized that we have a town called RIVERDALE. like what the hell.

Goal: 15 comments and votes.