• XV •

FIFTEEN

FIFTEEN

Ava stared adoringly down at the sonogram picture of
her baby that was only the size of a little raspberry. Grayson was looking down at his own picture a small sly smile on his face as he traced his index finger along the small little blob.

"Have you decided on how you want to tell Corey?" Ava asks putting her picture in her wallet and looking at Grayson who put the picture on top of his phone.

"I want you to be there, I want this to be something that we do together." Grayson said leaning into the booth. "After all, it did take both of us to create this baby."

Ava nodded and looked down at the table that we were seated at. They were currently sitting down at one of the Starbucks by the doctors office going over their plan on how and when they were going to be telling Corey the news. It was something that Ava has been dreading since the moment she first found out she was pregnant, but something she was secretly awaiting for so she could finally be free from the toxic relationship that they called a friendship.

"Why don't we invite her to dinner? That way it's in public and she can't harm you, me or the baby." Ava says taking her brownie and splitting it into three chunks.

"Do you honestly think Corey would harm us?" Grayson asks raising his eyebrow as Ava shrugs her shoulders taking one of the chunks and eating it.

"You never know, I remember one time she slapped a girl in our history class in tenth grade because she was talking smack about her perm."

Grayson nods his head looking down at the table not really sure what to say to the new found information. Yes it was about a perm, but she still shouldn't have slapped that girl, and who knows, she could slap Ava for sleeping with Grayson, broken up or not. Corey had some sort of claim on him.

"What about Chris? Can't he pretend to be the father?" Grayson asks looking up but afraid to meet her gaze.

"This baby is yours Grayson,I'm not going to lie about whose the father and I'm especially not putting Chris into that sort of situation." Ava says smoothly as she takes a sip out of her lime refresher. "You shouldn't lie either Grayson because she is bound to find out sooner or later."

Grayson nods his head. "You're right, I'm just not sure if I'm going to be the great dad that I want to be. I'm still trying to figure myself out."

Ava gives him a smile, her hand reaching out for his as she grabs it and holds it in hers. "Grayson don't think you're alone in this because you aren't. I'm in this with you and we can find ourselves together as we help our child grow and be the perfect child that he or she can be."

Grayson smiles at Ava, the smile that she knows that he isn't faking it, this smile was the smile that showed the true Grayson Knight who doesn't put up an act in front of people so that they couldn't see his true colors, the smile that only people close to Grayson are able to see because he trusts them and knowing that Ava is one of those people makes her happy.

"Now why don't you send her a text asking her if she can meet us at La Fountain? I've been craving Mexican Food lately and that place is always packed so Corey won't cause a big scene." Ava says patting his hand one time before pulling it away and setting it down on the table. Grayson nods his head and shoots a text to Corey and suck in a breathe when she replies not even a second later.

Ava raise an eyebrow at Grayson who shakes his head and outs back up his walls. "She said she'll meet us there in an hour. I guess we should be heading there now."

Ava nods her head and grabs her coat that was thrown over the back of the chair next to her. She grabs her car keys and shoves them in her pocket before looking back at Grayson over her shoulder who had a worried look on his face.

"Hey, everything is going to be okay, if she blows up then she blows up. There's nothing we can do about it now." Ava whispers putting a hand on his shoulder and giving it a squeeze. Grayson nods his head and runs his hand down his face.

"Will you rid over to the restaurant with me? We can drop your car off and head right over." Grayson said unlocking his car. "I just don't think I can be alone right now."

"Of course Grayson," Ava said nodding her head.

Grayson smiles. "Thanks Ava, you're truly are a great person and I couldn't ask for a better person to be the mother of my child."

Ava gave Grayson a thankful smile that actually reached her eyes before getting in her car. Her head was swarming with possibilities on how tonight might end. Ava could either have a cold beverage thrown in her face or a warm one. With Corey you never know, especially since Corey is a ticking time bomb that you never know when is going to explode, but when this news drops, it won't take Corey even a second to expolde.

Of course with no doubt Corey will be thrilled when Ava tells her that she's pregnant, but she won't be too thrilled when she finds out who the father of her baby is. Instead, she'd want to murder the both of them, wanting Ava's body made into a blanlet like a polar bear and Grayson's head hung over her fireplace like a deer head, laughing while she puts her muddy feet on the rug made out of Ava as she drinks their blood.

Morbid, Ava knows that but she can't help the chilling thoughts run through her mind like a racecar race as the time gets closer to tell Corey the truth.