• XIX •

NINETEEN

"Miss Johnsons we have looked over the recent post history of Miss Michaels post." The Dean starts off looking down at some paper work on his desk "we have taken the post down, along with all other posts made on our page about your pregnancy as well."

Ava nods her lip her hand squeezing Chris's as she listens to the Dean talk. Grayson sat in the chair opposite of her, his hands holding his head as she tries to understand why Corey would say those things about Ava but not lash out at him, especially if it wasn't just Ava who produced the baby. He should be getting backlash as well it isn't fair towards Ava to take all the hits.

"What are you going to be doing about the other posts on people's personal pages? Will they be taken down as well?" "Chris asks trying to get as much information he could so that they could all move on from this. Chris may not be apart of all the backlash and drama, but Ava was his friend and a girl he wanted to seek out a future with once everything dies down, and Grayson has been his best friend since freshman year. He would do anything to help them out.

"We personally can't take them down but we have contacted Facebook to have them taken down and they have obligated." The Dean says pushing his old glasses up his wrinkled nose. "They do want to prevent this from happening and they want any of you to report it as soon as you see a message like the ones you've been receiving even if it means to report the person themselves."

Ava nods her head and looks over at Grayson who hasn't muttered a single word since they step foot in the office. She knew how stressful this was against him and could only imagine how he was actually dealing with everything. Knowing that Corey posted this message Grayson's mom is bound to know about the baby now but the question is if she took the news well or not.

"What about Corey? What happens with her?" Ava finally asks what she's been dreading since after she made the phone call. She maybe hurt that Corey posted this and hurt about all the things that she's said about her baby and wanting to hurt her, but that doesn't mean that Ava doesn't want her to be kicked out of the school because of it. No matter how much Ava wants her to get in trouble for this she shouldn't have to deal with that.

"I'm afraid I can't discuss that with you because it's confidential, though I can reassure you that she will no longer be a problem with you or Mr. Knight again." He says.

Though it wasn't the answer that Ava was hoping to hear, she was happy that she didn't have to worry constantly that Corey is hiding in a bush or in the back of her car awaiting to make her attack on her. It put some closer to what she said at rest but at the back of her mind, it wouldn't go away because there was still that fear of Corey actually doing what she claimed she will be doing.

"Miss Johnson, I do want to inform you that we do have a wonderful program for mothers  and fathers here and when the time comes closer for your due date we can make arrangements for both you and Grayson." The Dean says giving them both a brochure with more information. "We want your college experience to be the best you can and we have flexible time share with parents."

"Thank you," Ava says smiling, which Grayson only nods his head flipping through the brochure. The Dean nods his head not really sure where to go from here. He let's out a cough before saying the next thing to close off the meeting.

"I will give you time to look through the brochure and get information. I promise I will call you once we get approval from the committee board and let you know what we decide to do with Miss Michaels for your safety of not only for you but for your baby."

Ava nods her head standing up from her chair dropping Chris's hand to shake his. Grayson thanks the Dean for his time and follows the two out of the office. Once they were away and got of ear shot from the office, Grayson punches the closest thing to him. A brick wall.

"Fucking Hell! Why can't they tell us what they are going to do with Corey!" Grayson yells gripping onto his blond hair, shaking his head groaning in frustration. "We deserve every right to know especially after all the shit she's done."

Ava sighs knowing that she felt the same way that Grayson was. She was angry that she couldn't know what was happening with Corey exactly. Even if the Dean promised to let them know if the matter has been handled they still weren't going to tell them. They should know because what if Corey breaks it and actually decides to come after Ava or Grayson? The school wouldn't be able to do anything really and the only way they can make it not happen is if they handle the situation but Ava can't take the school boards word just because they said so. Corey could go behind there backs and that isn't a thought that settles well with Ava. Not one bit.

"Grayson, I know you don't want Corey to go after the baby, but maybe we should take the school boards word for now?" Ava says trying to calm him down but fails as he punches the wall again.

"You don't get it Ava, Corey is batshit crazy, we both know that. She can snap! We know how she gets when she wants revenge she keyed your car just last night!" He yells pointing over the Ava's car parked under the tree.

Ava sighs nodding her head. Chris smiles down at her wrapping his arm around her waist. "Dude calm down. All this stress isn't good for Ava. Let's just see how things play out after this and if things don't get resolved we can go to the police." Chris offers to which Grayson scoffs and shoots him a look.

"And say what? My ex-girlfriend is threatening my unborn child online?"

Chris nods his head shrugging his shoulders. "You can so that yes, but also bring up what she's been doing outside of social media. Explain that you don't feel comfortable with Corey around, the least they can do is issue a restraining order."

Grayson  closes his eyes, his breath heavy as he tries to calm his anger down before storming off. Ava squeezes Chris's hand silently thanking him for what he did for not only for Grayson but for her as well. She doesn't know what she would do if Chris wasn't here with them right now. She probably wouldn't have been able to stop Grayson's anger and that's a scary thought to think because she probably wouldn't have been able to have stopped Grayson from doing something that could potentially hurt him in the future.

The thought of Ava raising this baby alone wasn't something that she wanted. Grayson needed to get his anger controlled or else that was going to happen and the fear itself didn't settle well.

Word Count: 1249