Chapter 15: Awkward Nothings

(This song makes me cry. Even though I know you aren't going to see this, I hope you are doing okay, RM. Whatever spurred these lyrics on, I hope you can get away from or out of. Army and BTS purple you💜. Alright, enough sad stuff. On with ma boi being a cinnamon roll with an explosive boi)...

Yashiro's P.O.V.:

We've been walking for 5 minutes. I was starting to think he just shouted irrationally. "U-um...where exactly are you taking me?", I shuffled behind him slowly, just in case he was about to swing around and hit me. He turned around and scoffed. At the moment, I didn't even notice how red his ears were. He suddenly stopped in front of a cafe. Did Bakugo-san, THE Bakugo Katsuki, just guide me to a cafe? I think the fuck not. There is no way what I was seeing was real. Not in a mil-- "Are you coming or what, ya dumbass?!", I gave him a strange look and just went inside with him.

People didn't really pay attention to us all that much. Soon after we found a seat, a barista came over to take our orders. "What can I get for you guys this afternoon?", her face held a smile, though her eyes told a different story. "I-I'll just have a mocha""Salted caramel latte, extra whipped cream", She nodded and wrote down everything. "Can I interest you in any pastries or desserts?", I looked at Bakugo-san. He looked expressionless, so I just said what I wanted. "Some strawberry cheesecake if you have it". She scribbled it down and thanked us for ordering.

We sat in somewhat awkward silence. "So, why...why'd you bring me here?", I asked. "I don't fucking know. Just shut up. I'll pay". I tilted my head. "It's fine! I can pay for my own. I have some money saved up from a summer job", he furrowed his brows if confusion. "I'm the one who fucking brought you here. I was trying to be somewhat nice, ya dunce", It was my turn to be confused. I tilted my head, not even bothered by the insult at this point. "Why would you want to be nice to me? I thought you hated me? You know, from that one time...?", I thought back to the time where I got flashbacks because of him. It was terrifying. I looked at him, only to find that he was looking at the table with an unreadable expression. "Look here, fucker. You can think of this as an apology coffee. I'm not going to do this again so don't get used to it", he said after a couple seconds. "Wow. I'm getting an apology from THE Bakugo Katsuki. What did I do to become so special?" "DON'T MOCK ME YOU ASSHOLE!!!"

Finally, the barista came back with our orders. "Let me guess, separate bill?", Bakugo-san and I exchanged looks. "Yes" "No". We looked at each other again, him getting more angered and annoyed. "I g-guess not. For the first time, I feel like actually being alive tomorrow", I whispered the last part to myself. "Well then, here you go", she seemed a little hostile towards us, but I didn't really care. She set down the bill and fast-walked back to her station.

"Do you want to talk about anything else?", I nervously fiddled with my fingers, waiting for him to answer. He took a sip of his latte, making an accidental cream-stache appear under his nose. I giggled, which made him sort of deadpan. "What the fuck do you find so funny?", I just told him to open his phone's camera and see for himself. He promptly licked it off before grabbing a napkin and getting anything he missed. I took a couple sips of my mocha, enjoying the chocolate taste. "Actually, Where did you get those scars from? You never answered me last time, you ass", his voice was quieter. My eyes widened, automatically feeling paranoid, anxious, and scared all at the same time. "I...", I sighed, calming my thoughts,"you know the guy that was caught recently? Think about the crimes he committed. I don't think I can really say what happened without breaking down and having a panic attack. Please understand that I'm not trying to upset you...", he was just staring at me. His eyebrows have always been sort of angry-looking, so it sort of surprised me when he started looking confused. "Which one? The Nakandashi guy?", I nodded. It took him about 10 seconds before he got the message. His eyes now were wide. "Well fuck. I'm going to pay now. Feel free to stay or to leave. I'm sure you got somewhere to be or some shit?", I looked at the time and jumped out of my skin. "Crap! I was supposed to be home by now! Before I leave, do you want some of the cheesecake? I'll cut some off real quick If you'd like", I frantically said, not even registering that I was agreeing to give my precious cheesecake away. "I'm fine. Just take it. I gotta go too. That old hag is going to blow my eardrums". I just nodded and wished him a farewell, brushing his shoulder with mine as we made our way out.