Chapter 14: Sports Festival Part Two

(Hey, so this is that awkward point in the story where I realized that I gave my oc almost all the symptoms of schizophrenia without realizing it sooner. Like, how didn't I notice before?)

3rd Person P.O.V.:

Yashiro worried for Midoriya. He was up against a seemingly strong opponent. Suddenly, Yashiro noticed that Shinsou was just talking. He wasn't making a move, which in most cases, is sort of an impractical move. Yashiro nodded his head in thought and looked for Ojiro, who had quit Shinsou's team. "Does he happen to activate his quirk through his voice?", he asked timidly. "Well, not quite. His quirk activates once you answer a question", Yashiro once again nodded, assessing to information. 'Is that why he was asking me all those questions earlier? Oh crap, Yashi. You're starting to sound like a clueless protagonist', he shook his head at that last thought and sat back in his seat.

Eventually, the match was over. Yashiro clapped for Midoriya and even went to see if he was okay. Of course, he just needed some bandages and Recovery Girl's treatment. Afterwards, Yashiro started to panic. He was up against probably to person he was closest to in the class. Someone he was told to stay away from at the festival. 'I should just drop out....I'm going to end up making him look like a fool', Yashiro started shaking and tearing up. There was no way he could do this. There was no way that he could avoid disappointing someone. Someone else will feel this way because of him. Yashi wasn't prepared for that. Nonetheless, the walked into the field.

The crowd cheered as Todoroki was announced. Not as many people did this for Yashi, but a lot of people still thought he was pretty cool. Yashiro started to play with his hands as he got closer to the platform. "Ready?....Start!!", Todoroki immediately shot ice at Yashi, but Yashi knew it was coming. Instead, Yashiro leapt into the air and hung off of a shard, using his hair. Swinging towards the icy-hot boy, he used a small strand to latch onto his left side. It wasn't enough for him to recognize instantly, but Yashiro could still use it for apprehending him.

Todoroki, for once was struggling to get Yashiro's hair out from under the gym uniform (not in that way ヾ(*'∀`*)ノ). He then sent a giant shard of ice at Yashi. No one had seen a shard this big before, heck, it almost touched the audience's noses. Yashiro was in panic mode. He couldn't move anything except for his head. "Todoroki from Class 1-A has won the match!", Midnight shouted. The crowd cheered once more.

Yashiro hid in Recovery Girl's room. She was currently treating someone else. Warm tears were spilling down his cheeks. He could feel the hatred during the match, and for good reason, he thought it was directed towards him. He suddenly heard the doorknob jiggle, making him flinch and hide his face under the blanket. "Ms. Reco-- Oh, sorry! I didn't, I didn't realize someone else was already using this room--" "...It's fine....", Yashiro quickly dried his eyes with the backs of his hands. "Hey, Naka-bro! Well, I guess I'll stay then! Are you okay?", Kirishima's voice had suddenly gotten soft when he saw tear stains on Yashi's cheeks. Yashiro nodded. Kirishima closed the door and sat on the other bed. "You can talk to me, y'know that right?", Kirishima was about to reach out and touch Yashiro's shoulder, but he saw him flinch. "Hey, so I know this isn't really any of my buisness, but why do you hate getting touched?", Yashiro's eyes stung again. "...paper..." "What was that?" " Can you hand me some paper?", Kirishima nodded and quickly grabbed a pen, while searching for a blank sheet of paper. Yashiro hesitantly moved over to the desk. "I...I just can't say it out loud...I'm sorry. If you find me disgusting, I won't blame you...I'm going to go back to the class now....", Yashiro said as he placed the last period where it should be. Like he said, he was off.

Kirishima's P.O.V.:

'What...the...hell?', I looked over the paragraph like, 4 times. 'Prison guards and prostitution and slavery?', It sounds like a lot. I guess that the guy on the news really was his father. At the end, he just said how it still haunts him even though he has a loving family. Wait a second.... I read over the words over and over, trying to figure something else out. 'How long did this go on for in order for you to be so mentally and physically scarred?'. I looked around, eventually throwing the piece of paper in the trash. Hopefully, I could talk to him.