Chapter lll

Alerathla

All terrified eyes turned to an equally terrified Narylfiel. Alerathla felt guilt wash over her as her eyes pleaded for her to consume the fire. Consume the fire? Yes. Narylfiel: the only one with the powers to save their home.

The men put their heads down on their horses. Alerathla hadn't seen them weep for a while, and she was nearly in tears herself.

Daermaethor. His face expressionless. The heat burning his eyes. His posture held tightly.

Sorrow. Agony. Sadness. All the feelings Alerathla felt at that very moment. There was only one hope. But Narylfiel would not want to dispose of the fire. Moving her horse closer to her, Alerathla squeezed her shoulder and gave her a sad but soft smile.

"You don't have to do this, you know," she told her.

Narylfiel watched the fire and replied in Eléssgarian: "What choice do I have? I must stop it before it eats its way down the hill, into the forests and throughout the land. You do not know fire like I do. Fire cannot be tamed, but only be harnessed." Her voice turned hoarse and full of hate at the thought of it. Nobody can argue with her about that. Though she doesn't mean to, she can be quite reckless sometimes.

"Nar," Alerathla sighed and looked towards the burning structure the once called home. Nar had this under control. No need to fret. Just like she promised, Naryfiel held out her hand and the wild fire was sucked in like a vacuum.

* * *

What a day they had had. Alerathla needed to clear her head. Wandering through the woods, her hand gently brushed every tree she passed. Her blonde hair was light and the cool breeze easily caught it and let it fly. It would sometimes shine like the gold in the Lonely Mountain, glowing and rich. She breathed in the sweet, fruity air that came from a nearby farm.

A smile stretched upon her face as she passed by the edge of the farm. She couldn't help but lick her lips when she gazed at the healthy strawberry and honeysuckle fruits, along with dragon pears. She guiltily glanced to her side for a moment. Sneakily picking one of the fatest strawberries she could find, she hurriedly threw it in her mouth like nothing had happened at all. She melted when she bit into it. It made her taste buds burst at the sweet delicateness it held. She bit her lip to stop herself from smiling and ran off to the lake.

The water was still. The woods were quiet. She wasn't prepared for what happened next. There in front of her was a casket.

Her breathing began to decrease as she looked around warily. She saw nothing but was still prepared for anything. She drew her bow ... just in case. Suddenly, the casket rattled. She approached it carefully, the tip of her arrow pointed at it. Lifting the veil, her heart softened to find nothing else but a sleeping baby.

Comment

Fan

Vote

We would love your feedback!