Chapter Xl

Narylfiel

Cursing under her breathe, Narylfiel woke from her sleep sweating. It was the nightmares again. They were reoccurring constantly. Images that will never fade even as the time seems to go on. These memories do not leave her soul. It creates a sense of anguish within her. Her respiration was beyond her capability to keep up. It's as if her imagination was too heavy for her mind as she gasped for cool air but her lungs could not reach for any.

The journey away from their burning home, to leaving Erysán behind, the child with Alerathla traveling miles away, the evil spreading across this age of Middle-Earth.. everything just fades into the blackness of her memory. The further away she left her home behind the more she felt trapped. The cage she felt was coming back. She felt like her end was soon coming.

Cursed. Narylfiel felt cursed as if every happy moment were to flee and be crushed from existence.

Damn the Witch King.

Damn Morgoth.

Damn Sauron.

Damn the Shadow.

DAMN ALL THE SPAWNS OF EVIL.

"They did this to me!" Her thoughts began to scream into her conscience and flood her with all the malice she felt against them.

Narylfiel threw the blanket away and let out a silent sigh. It wasn't helping at all, the heat was unbearable as she tried to control her breathing. She ran a hand through her hair to remove it from her wet face. It was sticky and hot. "Unbelievable!" She thought to herself.  The fabric of her gown clung to her body with the sweat that she was excreting. Her frustration grew quicker now. The fire in her mind was making too much smoke in her heart.

Trembling from the horrid memory she sat up and closed her eyes. Her screams, her pleads for release, her blood came rushing into her mind like a landslide.. 

"You will suffer until we receive what we took you for..." The piercing voice would snarl like metal being sliced. No face would show but she felt their damned presence. The fire would surround the shadows of the cave and swarm around her body as they burned every ounce of flesh continuously until it turned black and the dark magic would make it reappear once more as it was. The cycle would repeat and repeat and her cries would screech until they faded into oblivion.

"Reveal to ME the true nature of your soul." She would hear the snarls that petrified her soul consistently. The nameless creature scared her more as she knew nothing of the world or the time.

Narylfiel scolded herself mentally.

"It was just a bad dream."

She had to soothe her nerves. Those flashes would not leave her mind and the blackness that surround her did nothing to ease her anxiety. Narylfiel believed she was alone since her tent was quiet as she was lost in her mind. But then a soft masculine voice in the darkness of her tent made Narylfiel jump, "Everything all right my lady Narylfiel?"

Someone was in her tent.

She twitched and pressed a hand across her chest with her dagger in the other as her eyes landed on the culprit, "Rhaich! Neth, you do not dare to sneak upon me at this hour." After hearing her assault speak, she knew right away what was happening. Within an instant, she recognized the voice and knew it was him. She knew that voice very well. Her eyes instantly glowed brightly and disappeared. She dropped her dagger back into the covers as he watched her closely realizing what happened. Her instincts didn't kick in quicker which she chastised herself about. Her guard must always be on the look. Nethranunien sits up closer and whispers, "I did not take the lady of shadows would be easily startled. Nightmares again?"