Prologue

Narylfiel

She stared in the distance as the moonlight shone upon the forest. Dark and cold. Shadows everywhere. The only light available glimmered through the forests branches. She could see the flowers blossoming with beauty, filling their leaves with the energy of the moonlight radiating more beauty. Deer bounced along in the distance quietly, but that did not disturb her. Her mind was way off in another place.

She would never forgot what happened. A scar that runs so deep may never be cured. A mark that taints her very existence. Her soul felt empty as if it does not exist. Her life felt cold but her brother gave her warmth. Daermaethor became the only link to her past, to her realm, her mother and father.. whom are all gone. Daermaethor's support was all she ever had after rescuing her in his own way. He never stopped looking for her and hunting everything in his path to make sure she was back safely. A devoted sibling. She owed him so much. Only he was able to keep her in line without going out of control after they spent time to repair her corrupted soul. Narylfiel had gathered a terrible fuse once she began to recover. A nasty thing to contend once provoked. She couldn't help but react on instinct when she was threatened or provoked. It had become her nature that would ultimately have its consequences. But those consequences won't come until later. It was rough for Narylfiel to live as she wanted her life to end but she could only imagine what could happen. It was just as rough for everyone else.

On the highest cliff of the forest, her eyes scanned the horizon taking in the sweet breeze and closed her eyes. She let her thoughts run rampage when she had moments like these.

"I need to escape and to feel free..." She whispered into the wind.

Just let go.

A sinister voice in the back of her mind whispered.

Her mind always ponders relentlessly against the demons of the night that haunt her. She needs to dismiss any temptations to reveal her second skin. But she mustn't. For she was a creature beyond imagination.

A sigh was released from her lips once she opened her eyes. Narylfiel felt trapped inside. A cage upon cages submerged under water with no key. Nothing could satisfy the urges the beast within held. A deadly and incurable sensation to feel her blade upon the flashes of nasty orcs, goblins or men. Her skin would itch until it became unbearable that it would set her off. Her insides were begging to burst into flames and just obliterate everything around her. Narylfiel wanted to be consumed into the flames. Smoke would fill her lungs and the very air she breathes around her and obscure the sun again.

"Stop." She mentally scolded herself.

She needed space away from everybody else because no matter how hard they tried to help her, she could not bare it. She has grown accustomed to their antics to be helpful and supportive but she rejects it.

Scanning the horizon one last time with her eyes, she began to walk backwards to the clearing of the forest. Tradition would have it that they appreciate the glimmer of the starlight. Yes, the stars. They never fail to shine bright against the everlasting darkness. Such a pity only light can shine when their is darkness. But what is life without death? What is a beginning without end? What is time without the rise of the sun and eclipse of the moon. Such was the order of life itself.

Her train of thought was interrupted suddenly. Her skin raised and traveled down her spine warning her that there was an intruder. She possesses a gift that allows her to feel corruption around her.

Narylfiel's ear pricked up. She heard something in the distance. Something was like lurking in the shadows beyond her sight. Instantly driving her attention to where the noise had came from, she held a firm grip on her sword. It has become a dangerous time for all realms of Middle-Earth. Darkness rises and the shadow grows. It began spreading like a disease. One would be considered foolish if they were not cautious to carry a weapon in the night, especially an elf alone. And a woman of that matter. Men are likely to be sinister and enact their darkest wishes.