CHAPTER 25

Ice

Today is November 30

The past week has been busy.

Lee and I were basically stuck in the lab trying to come up with an anti cyrum, Vanessa and Phil were coming up with ways that our agents would be safer and Derek and Chris are keeping track of attacks and are trying to find their bases.

pretty busy, and it doesn't help its almost December first.

"alright Lee time to meet the others at lunch" I sighed taking off my lab coat.

"darn" she pouted.

"can I-"

"stay?" I cut her off.

she nodded giving me puppy eyes. "no" I deadpanned.

she pouted even more taking off her lab coat following me see I have to kick her out of here or else she would live here.

I closed the door heading towards the food court.  to Taco Bell.

I dont know whats with them and tacos. we walked in to see the booth we basicly claimed for ourselves.

"hey guys" Lee called out all cheery sitting next to Phil. I just quietly sat next to Derek.

"hey" they chorused.

I just sighed laaying my head on Derek's shoulder.

"that bad huh" He chuckled.

"you have no idea" I sighed again.

"so whats got you worked up" Chris asked, but his tone was somewhat sharp.

"the cyrums, we got the poison part right but we cant figure out the other cyrum or how to bring the powers back." I complained.

"better than nothing......and dying" Vanessa pointed out.

"I guess" I shrugged. "so" I removed my head from Derek's shoulder. "anything?" I asked Him and Chris.

"No not yet, but we have our suspicions of where one base is." Chris answered. "look into it" I nodded.

"you guys?" I turned towards Vanessa and Phil.

"We warned every agent in this building. they cant wonder off alone, or at all. if they do, be armed and prepare and wear gun vests and other things to protect them" Vanessa stated.

"so far so good, not many killings" Phil concluded.

"hhmmm" I just spaced out as they were talking about other things.

The day is near, what am I going to do?

"Ice" I snapped out of it as Lee called me.

"yeah" I asked blankly.

"are you all right, you've been spacing out alot today" She asked concerned. yeah I almost mixed two formulers with an explosion outcome in the lab today. luckily Lee stopped me in time.

"I'm fine" I got up making my way towards my room.

"whats with her?" I heard Phil ask.

"its nothing" Vanessa answered. I then heard her follow me.

I got in my room and sat on my bed as Vanessa came in.

"are you all right?" she asked softly.

"no, December first is one day away, I dont want to hurt them" I sighed suddenly I heard her chuckle.

"whats so funny?" I asked her.

"its just I never thought I'de see the day where you actually cared for people other than us" she chuckled.