CHAPTER 22

Ice

"Crap" I turned and started towards the door along with everyone else who heard.

Lee used her speed Chris and I following much more slowly. She was almost at the door when a half dead man grabbed her and she fell. With her speed it must have hurt.

I could hear her ankle twisting as she cursed out in pain.

I took out my gun and shot the man between the eyes, while Chris helped Lee out of the death grip.

Literally, do you know how much harder it is to move a person when their dead?

I helped Chris carry Lee quickly. Who knows when the bomb will go off?

We were running as fast and far as we could but I looked back and saw that we were still too close.

If it comes to it I would have to block off the explosion.

I can’t use my Ice thought. Learned that the hard way, I grimaced at the memory.

We kept running and were going for cover.

But it was too late.

BOOM

I heard the ware house explode behind me.

----------------

Vanessa

As soon as the boys heard me tell Ice they ran faster along with me.

I saw cover by a boulder, it wasn't as far but we didn't have much time. When I read that man's mind it showed 3 minutes till detonation.

I jumped behind the huge boulder along with the boys. Just in time as we head the boom.

Derek gathered shadows surrounding us and the boulder making things fly off of it as I felt the cold air blow my hair.

I hope you made it Ice. I thought as things finally calmed down.

I got up from my spot but saw a blue type mist spreading.

Soon enough it reached us and I felt weak. Suddenly Phil started coughing and I soon joined along with Derek.

What is this mist! I kept on coughing feeling pain in my stomach and pretty much everywhere.

Suddenly Derek put shadows up around us like a shield also clearing out the air.

I felt a little better but I was still coughing.

"Come on" Derek started walking away from the wreckage and mist.

I got up with difficulty following him Phil close behind under the shadow dome. It looks like Derek is having difficulty thought.

We walked away from the mist walking up a hill when the shadows came down and Derek collapsed on his hands and knees breathing heavily.

"What was that?" Phil asked collapsing along with him.

"I don’t know" I answered sitting down on the grass staring at the wreckage and mist bellow.

"Whatever it was it made it difficult to use my powers, let alone breath" Derek stated between breaths.

Suddenly realization dawned to me. "You don’t think......" I trailed off.

"I don’t know but we should check up on Ice and the others" Derek stood up.

-------------