CHAPTER 1

"Please no, I'm- I'm sorry! I'll do anything!" he sobbed at my feet. He's being so pathetic right now, you would probaby think I'm about to kill an innocent man, you wouldn't think he killed many, and had a major ego problem when I came knocking at his door.

Now he's begging for me not to take his life, but I feel no ounce of pity or regret as I sent an icicle through his heart. Good riddance.

I left him there for the cleanup crew, but not before making sure I made the icicle in him disappear. Another job well done.

I got in my baby on my way to HQ which is basically twenty mansions in one, SAS owns a lot of land and in many places, this one is kind of like a college campus.

This job was easy money and after succeeding many missions in all these years, I'm as rich as all of the other agents combined, not including the bosses who run my sector of course, but close.

After breaking a few laws, I finally got to HQ, I would go change my clothes but its not even stained, why bother, no one would know I just took a life with the very clothes I wear unpess I told them.

As I walked past the lobby most grew quiet and avoided looking at me in the eyether than the newbies. Their faces may not hint at their thoughts and emotions, but their mind betrays them.

They're afraid of me, especially since I came out of a high ranking mission barely scratched. They must have forgot about my original powers considering they still think so hard when I'm around. I could hear their thoughts a mile away if I let my mind open all the time.

I just ignored them as usual and went in to submit my report. Still all so boring after all these years.

"Umm..." I heard some stuttering behind me as I exited the room. I turned to see one of the agents, "The advisors would like to see you Agent Ice." she said shyly. "Ma'am" she added quickly. I tilted my head to the side and opened my mind where I heard her thoughts.

Apparently she thought calling me Ma'am shows she respects me, and she's hoping that I won't get angry at her or lash out at her. Major fears were coming from her and growing bigger by the second as I stared at her. I closed my mind and sighed not wanting to torture her anymore. Not that I mind, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good game, but not today.

"Very well. Tell them I'll be there but will be delayed a little since I want to get ready. Give me 20 minutes." I responded while walking away sensing her shock for me making the advisors wait, and her relief as I walked away from her. I chuckled to myself, "Alright no more mind games." I thought as I closed my mind once again.

20 minutes was all I needed, tenminutes to shower and another ten to get dressed. I'm just stalling and hoping I'm really pissing off the advisors.

"Afternoon advisors, to what do I owe this pleasure? Last time I checked I've kept a low profile, so there should be no complaints." I smiled a sweet innocent yet cold smile.

They eyed me suspiciously as I noticed we weren't the only presence in the room, someone was 'hiding' in the shadows so I decided to pretend not to notice.

"No Ice, that isn't the reason we asked to see you today." Mr. Flame answered still looking a little suspicious. "The reason we called you here was so that we could discuss a very important assignment sweetie." Mrs. Flame added. "Although if you did do something...... you can use this opportunity to confess now." she added quickly, probably thinking how bad it is.

I chuckled at this. "No worries I haven't done anything wrong other than causing slow and painful freezing deaths." I said remembering the earlier events with amusement. "For now that is.I won't make any promises I can't keep." I giggled. "For now I promise you that I did nothing wrong." I reassured.

They let out a sigh of relief, I always honor my promises. What? Even a heartless 'unemotional' person like me has honor and dignity.

"Well so what will this assignment be? Seeing as we're getting off topic."

"Ah. Yes well we have been informed in a rather.... disturbingly way.... that someone is hunting down our agents around the globe, beginning with the lower rank agents making their way up." Mr. Flame informed.

"Any ideas who's behind this?" I asked looking at my nails painted light blue. Honestly I'm not fazed and honestly don't really care for the ones killed, that's what they get for being weak, survival of the finest. I know I am heartless and all but it's partially right, emotions- make you weak.

"No, not yet, the other administrators have sent many of their best agents to figure it out, but whenever they get close they disappear, their bodies found with a warning." He went on.

"So you want me to succeed where all others have failed?" I already knowing the answer. "Of course, we couldn't think of anyone better than you, and we're positive you'll be alright." Mrs. Flame answered.

You see, Mrs. Flame is on my list of people that I have no problem with. You know my favorable people. She's one of the rare people to almost reach out to me but not enough, let's just say I wasn't as worse before. I still had some empathy left. Don't let her kind and motherly attitude fool you, she can slit your throat and make you go crazy before you even guess it was her doing. She is not a lady to be messed with, you know, a woman's wrath can make you wish you're dealing with a pissed off male.

I smiled at her and turned to her husband, not my most favorite person in the world. "So what do I do when I find out who's behind this?" I asked hoping I can kill them or torture them. Hmm torture sounds fun to me.

He must have seen the excitement in my eyes as he answered quickly, "You can't kill him just yet." Damn him. "We need at least three of them for questioning, preferably the boss." he raised an eye brow at the last part. I felt my excitement wavering, he saw this and smiled satisfied. See this is why I don't like him much.

I felt the excitement come back to me as I thought of the thrill of the chase, and who knows how many of his followers I can torture and kill. I kept a poker face this time though, wouldn't want them ruining my fun. I'm the first person to ever master a poker face that not even the masters themselves can read.

"Very well then." I just started seeing their suspicious stares to why I let it go easily. I just shrugged at them. "So, anything else?" Still watching the person in the shadows without being noticed

"Well no, there's someone we would like you to meet." Mrs. Flame stated with a slight smile playing on her lips.

"Ah so the one in the shadows finally comes forth." I stated a slight smirk playing on my lips as the one in the shadows stepped forth.