14: Let's Go Kick Our Fears' Butts

Percy’s PoV:

It was after campfire, and all the campers were staring expectantly at the golden cloud. Did I mention that Annabeth and me are married? Yeah, one night we sneaked out and took Blackjack and got married without anyone knowing. They all think that we’re still engaged. We both wanted to get married as quickly as possible, because you never know when you might die, what with the war going on. Anyway, I am very proud to call her Annabeth Jackson. Her fingers were laced with mine, her head was laying on my shoulder, and my other arm was wrapped around her waist. Gods, I had missed these small moments when it was just us. Suddenly, the cloud started drifting forward, until it was directly above Annabeth and I. It transformed into the words ‘ A SECRET WILL BE REVEALED TONIGHT.’ It took on the shape of a spider, then an image of a heart, and then an arrow pointing down at us.

“Hmmm… a secret… Percy and Annabeth, is there anything you want to tell us?” Chiron asked us. I shared a look with Annabeth and gulped. No doubt, Aphrodite was messing with Apollo to make us tell the whole camp about our marriage.

“Um… well… my name is Annabeth…”

“We know your name!” Clarisse shouted.

“… Jackson,” Annabeth finished. I swear, all jaws in camp dropped down in astonishment, while Chiron only smiled to himself. Suddenly everyone swarmed us, they were patting me on the back, giving us hugs, congratulating us, and the whole Aphrodite cabin burst into tears because of the ‘percabeth marriage’ or whatever. Finally Chiron managed to calm everyone down, and we started discussing what the sign meant.

“I think I know,” a small, timid 10-year-old Athena daughter said. I felt kind of bad for her, with everyone’s attention on her, and also because she seemed really shy.

“You might have to overcome your fears or something,” she mumbled. Chiron nodded his head slowly.

“I think that’s right. Thank you Karri,” he smiled at Karri, the small girl. “You’ll set off to… Empire State Building tomorrow.”

“Wait, why there?” I asked. Chiron silently pointed to the cloud, which had taken the shape of the Empire State Building.

“Great. Let’s go kick our fears’ butts.”

--------------------------------------------------------

This is super short, more of a filler chapter. I'll update the next chappie tomorrow (hopefully). 

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY PERCABETH IS MARRIED!!!!!!!!

KRONOS: OMG IKR!!! I totally ship Percabeth!!!

Me: How'd Kronos get in here?! O.o

Kronos: Oh, you know, I just pulled some James Bond trick... but I think that all your stuffed toys fell off while I was getting in through the window...

Me: No!! Not the stuffed toys!! 

Kronos: I'm so sorry!!! Especially about that panda pillow pet...

Me: Ugh, forget fanfics, I want to go kill Octavian for murdering Percy's panda pillow pet...

Kronos: He murders panda pillow pets?!!???!!!

Me: Yup. And all other stuffed toys.

Kronos: THE HORROR!!!! 

Me: I know!!

Kronos: Let us go kill the stuffed toys murderer!!

Me: Yeah let's go!!

I'm still wondering how I teamed up with Kronos...

Peace out

§ Melanie §