6: Welcome To Camp Half-Blood

Annabeth PoV:

YES!! I was finally able to go to camp. We were all waiting for Percy, Tina, Jeremy, Alex, and Sam to come over. Leo was building some automaton, Jason was intently watching his fingers, and electricity would spark between them every minute or so, Piper was flicking through the channels, Frank was nowhere to be seen (probably transforming) and Hazel was randomly flicking up jewels from the ground. Then the doorbell rang. I rushed to the door and opened it to find them standing in the doorway.

“Hey,” Percy said. Everyone else waved. I smiled at them and turned around, shouting, “Hey! They’re here!”

We all shuffled to get our stuff.

“Wait!” Hazel called. “Where’s Frank?”

We all groaned. It wouldn’t be easy to find Frank.

“AAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!” Leo shouted. There was a drakon, right in the living room, and it was the exact same drakon that Damasen had battled. I saw black at the edges of my vision.

“No!” I faintly heard Percy yell. I could barely see him; he was in front of me, a wall of water surrounding us. I started to sway. He caught me before I could fall, and laid me down gently on the ground. The last thing I saw was Percy charging outside the wall of water to battle the drakon.

Darkness. That was the first thing that I was aware of. I couldn’t even see silhouette of my hand, as I held it in front of my face. The darkness was so vast, almost like a force, pressing down on me, slowing my movements, and giving me chills. The last time I felt something so vast and powerful was when I was in front of Tartarus himself. But that was last year. I was safe on ground. This had to be a dream.

Yes, little heroine, a voice said. I couldn’t describe it. It sounded vaguely male, but it was far from human. It sounded like a king’s voice, like a ruler’s voice, but an evil ruler.

I shall once again take the throne, it said. Beware, beware… And then it started laughing. Its laughter was the most evil thing I had ever heard. It sounded like he would kill everyone, and anyone, who stopped him from taking the throne, and he wouldn’t care. Throne to what? The Underworld? The Olympian Council? The Universe? Each sounded more ridiculous than the last. Slowly, I started waking up. I could see faint outlines above me. Someone was calling my name. Everything started to focus. I could hear two voices whispering behind me. Percy was sitting on his knees, staring down at me. When he saw that I was awake, he sighed in relief and closed his eyes.

“She’s ok,” he muttered. I thought it was for himself, but my vision crowded with all my friends.

“Annabeth! You scared us half to death!!” Piper shouted. They all nodded. I manage a smile.

“I’m ok, guys. I don’t know why I collapsed, but…” I don’t finish my sentence. I see Percy jabbing a finger in Frank’s chest, and shouting angrily at him. Frank looked terrified.

“Look what you did to her! She could’ve had a flashback, Frank!!” he yelled. I got up, ignoring my nausea, and walked towards Percy. I placed my hand on his arm, and dragged it away from Frank.

“Percy, please,” I plead. He turns around and runs his fingers through my hair.

“You okay?”

I nod my head. He takes a deep breath, “Don’t do it again.”

I must’ve looked confused because Jason explains, “Frank turned into a drakon to scare us, but you collapsed so Percy got angry with him.”

Well, that explains it.

“Percy, let it go,” I tell him. Somewhere behind me, Leo sings,

“LET IT GO!! LET IT GO!! CAN’T HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE!!”

Piper groans, “Shut up, Leo!”

“Ok, Beauty Queen.”

“And don’t call me Beauty Queen!!”

I sigh. Just a regular afternoon with the demigods.

“Come on, guys. I want to see this camp of yours!!” Sam shouts. When we go out, we see Argus leaning against his van.

“Argus! How’s camp doing?” I ask him. He smiles at me sadly. Oh, wait, he doesn’t know that Percy’s alive. “I got a surprise for you!”

I pull Percy up in front of Argus.

“Ugh, wise girl you nearly pulled my arm out-” that’s all he manages to say before Argus pulls him into a hug.

“Hey, yeah, great to see you too,” Percy says breathless. Being squeezed by Argus isn’t fun. Argus was looking weirdly at Percy.

“Um, yeah, I chose to be reborn, ya know, and now here I am!” he said, smiling. Argus looked suspiciously over at Tina, Jeremy, Alex, and Sam.

“They’re new demigods,” I explained. “Let’s go to camp.” I was literally bouncing. I had waited for so long to get to camp. The drive there seemed like FOREVER. And then there was Leo, who was trying to cheer us up by randomly singing songs from Frozen. He’s addicted to that movie. I think that I’ll never forget the lyrics to ‘For the First Time In Forever’. I heard the brakes screech. I was the first one to jump out, followed closely by Percy.

“I really missed this place,” he smiled.

“Yeah, me too,” I agreed. We all ran up the hill, and stopped right by Thalia’s pine tree. All the new demigods gasped.

“Welcome to Camp Half-Blood,” I said, breathlessly. “Or as I like to call it, home.”

---------------------------------------------------

Hey!!

So newest chapter!! I really don't know wat to say... um, am I supposed to say something? I don't know!! ugh, so frustrating. whatever. u know what to do, guys!!

ALL RIGHTS GO TO RICK RIORDAN!!

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!

FOLLOW!!

Peace out

§ Melanie §