10: The First Quest

Annabeth’s PoV:

Oh my gods. Oh my gods. Oh my gods. That voice. I should’ve known that something was wrong with that voice. The same voice that I heard when I had passed out from Frank’s drakon. That had been Kronos talking to me. I should’ve known. The car ride back was silent. No one spoke. Everyone was scared, especially Percy. I knew how much his dad meant to him, and now, he was getting attacked by Oceanus. I remember how Percy had told me that his father had barely survived the attack in the second Titan War. This was not going good. The only god that was not captured/in a deathly battle was the goddess of rainbows. Very helpful. I sighed, and felt myself getting drowsy. I had stayed up late last night, perfecting one of the statues for Olympus. I leaned into Percy a little, and lay my head on the crook of his neck.

“Tired?” he asked. I just nodded my head. I felt me eyelids get heavy, then, I fell asleep.

§ § § § § § § § § §

“We need to get out of here!” Zeus yelled. In my dream, I was in the little dungeon that had the gods tied up in.

“Wait! I sense a presence here!” me mother yelled. She scanned the room, and her eyes fell on me. “Annabeth!”

All the gods turned to look at me, well, as much as they could. Apollo’s eyes widened.

“Annabeth! I need to tell you guys something!” he shouted. “There’s a timer on the tasks.”

“What?” I asked.

“Once you complete a task, or a part in the prophecy, there’s a timer until you have to finish the next task. The timer for the first task has already started. If you don’t complete it within the timer, the prophecy won’t work. You have to go tell the others now!”

My dream began to fade. I gave all the Olympians one last look before I woke up.

§ § § § § § § § § §

“We’re here,” Percy said, waking me up from my dream. Great. Now we even had a timer. And I didn’t even know how long the timer was going to be. We walked to the Big House in silence. I guess we all had something important to think about. We entered, and Chiron gave us a smile. Then his face fell, seeing our expressions.

“What’s wrong?” he inquired.

We told him everything, the whole story about the gods being captured and everything. With each word we said, his face looked even worse and worse.

“Yes, we noticed the golden sign. We didn’t know what it was, but the Apollo campers said it was their father’s work, so we didn’t really think about it. Apollo is known for being… eccentric,” Chiron said slowly.

“I had a dream,” I told them. They all turned towards me expectantly. I sighed, and told them about Apollo’s warning, and the timer.

“We don’t even know how long we have to complete the first task!” Leo complained. I was startled, because I had thought he wasn’t paying attention. He was usually in deep thought these days… I was going to ask him what was wrong. Chiron sighed.

“I think we’ll tell the campers.”

“What?! Are you crazy?!! They’ll be too scared to do anything!!!” Percy yelled.

“Perseus,” Chiron said. Percy flinched at his first name. “They have a right to know.” Percy sighed in defeat. “Now, run along to your activities,” Chiron commanded us. Yeah, great job Chiron. We learn about the Greek Apocalypse, and you want us to go to our activities like nothing happened. We exited the Big House, and just stayed there staring at camp. I heard a banging sound, and saw Percy hitting his head repeatedly against the wall of the Big House. I sighed, because I felt like doing that too. Three wars, in my life. Three wars. Seriously, I just got out of freaking hell!

“I guess the world isn’t a wish granting factory.”

§ § § § § § § § § §

“Hello campers. I have some news today, before you go to bed,” Chiron greeted everyone at campfire. He explained about the prophecy, and the timer, and how the gods were captured, how Poseidon was in war, and how the only god we had, not captured, was Iris. Everyone sat there, staring at Chiron with fear in their eyes. They were too shocked to even move, just sat there, staring, even after Chiron finished. All you could hear was the crackle of the fire. Suddenly, the golden sign floated in the amphitheater, and placed itself right above the campfire. Everyone stared at it, afraid of what it was going to show us. First, it was a cloud of gold, then it turned into a picture, white sandy beaches, palm trees, a small cave in the cliff face. Then it merged into this beautiful girl, she had long cinnamon-colored hair, like Hazel’s, but Hazel’s was curly, whereas, the girl in the image had straight hair. Her eyes were a beautiful light brown color. I felt like I should’ve recognized her. Then it turned into the Argo II, and I wondered vaguely if we had to rescue the girl, or something. Then the cloud started moving ever so slowly, towards Leo, Once it was directly above him, it turned into a downward arrow, pointing towards Leo. He looked like he understood what the cloud meant, but he just couldn’t believe it. Excitement shone in his eyes. I looked to Percy, maybe for some sort of answer, but his brow was furrowed, and his eyes were clouded; he was in deep thought. I wondered who the girl was. Chiron spoke up,

“It has been decided. Leo Valdez, you are to take on a quest to save…” I leaned forward in my seat, waiting for the answer. “Calypso, Daughter of Atlas.”

--------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!

Sorry abou the TFIOS quote, but I had to put it there. I love TFIOS!!! And yes, I ship Caleo. Sorry to all those Leyna fans. THANK YOU TO WHOEVER IS READING MY STORY!!!!!!!!!

ALL RIGHTS GO TO RICK RIORDAN!!

Peace out

§ Melanie §