5: The School Dance

Percy’s PoV:

As soon as I saw the poster, I knew I was done for.

“OH MY GODS THERE’S GONNA BE A DANCE!! IN ONE WEEK!!!” Tina yelled, as soon as I got into school. She came running up to us with a flyer in her hand. We had finally gotten them to believe that the Greek Gods were real. After an Empousa nearly ate Alex, they had started believing us. This year had been amazing. We had made it through the school year without many monsters. It was finally the end of the year. Which, of course, meant that there was graduation, and a school dance.

“Ok, so, Annabeth, you going with me, right?” I asked a little nervous. I mean, I had the right to worry. There was this football jock, Matt Sloan, that kept hitting on Annabeth.  He was the school player. I don’t think he even liked Annabeth; he just wanted to annoy me. But, if Annabeth did go out with him (which I completely doubt) he would get Annabeth as his girlfriend, and I have to say it, Annabeth’s pretty hot.

“Oh gods seaweed brain, of course,” she said. I didn’t know it, but I breathed in relief.

“Jeez, calm down, ok?” she said, smiling slightly. I see Jason and Frank asking out they’re girlfriends. I realize how completely stupid we are. We all have stable relationships, yet we get nervous when we ask them out. That’s what girls can do to you. The bell rings for first period. I walk to my classroom, and see all the girls in my class staring at me, probably thinking how to ask me out. Apparently, most girls in school want to go out with me, and are totally jealous of Annabeth. I drop my books on my desk, and sit in my seat. A tall, brunette girl approaches me.

“Hi, I’m Lia Edwards,” she says, winking at me flirtatiously. I gulp and think, This is going to be a long week.

- - - - - - - - - TIME LAPSE - - - - - - - - - -

I pulled my shirt down while standing in front of the mirror. It’s graduation day. Did I mention that there’s also a dance tonight? Oh yeah, there’s also a dance tonight. To which I turned down most of the girls for Annabeth. Gods, they were so annoying. Some of them just turned around and waked away, but others, like Lia Edwards won’t let me be. This whole week she’s been asking me out. I think she memorized my timetable! The car drive felt like eternity, or it might have just been the ADHD. I was also freaking out, because I didn’t know if I was going to graduate at all. (A/N: I have NO IDEA how this stuff works, so bear with me) I got out and thanked my mom for the ride. I walked across the school grounds and breathed in the crisp air. It was summer. I couldn’t wait to get back to Camp. As I walked inside, I thought about all my friends. Would we have to separate to go to college? I guess. I didn’t want to be away from Annabeth. Not after Tartarus. I sighed, and entered the auditorium. Immediately, I was greeted by my friends.

“Hey Percy!” Sam shouted. She was super ADHD, almost like Leo. Almost. No one can come close to how ADHD Leo is. I grin at all of them. Today was the day we graduate from high school. The school principal tapped the microphone, to get our attention.

“Please sit down. I would like all students who are about to graduate, to please sit in the front row,” she said. She was a nice lady in her late fifties. I quickly hurry to my seat. She starts droning on about how well this school ah done, blah, blah, blah. I tuned her out, because it was pretty boring. Then I heard the names start. I only listened to the names of my friends. The first of us to be called was Annabeth.

“Annabeth Chase,” the principal called. She squeezed my hand, and walked up the stage. The principal handed her the certificate, and shook her hand. She walked back as if on a cloud, smiling at everyone – including Lia, who she hated. Next was Jason, who got his diploma. Then me. I smiled in relief. I passed twelfth grade. I make my way up to the stage, shake my principal’s hand, and take my certificate. I walk back in a trance. The next people to be called on stage were Hazel, Tina, Piper, Alex, then, Sam, Jeremy, Leo and Frank. We all graduated. I grin at them and congratulate them. I nearly forgot the dance.

“I’d like to tell everyone that the dance, is a formal occasion, so you will be required to wear tuxedos and ball gowns (A/N: Is that right? I don’t know…),” our principal said. Oh great. A tuxedo.

“I’d like to see you dressing up, Mr. Jackson,” Annabeth laughs at me. She knows I can’t even tie a tie. I groan. This is going to be super hard.

- - - - - - - - - ANOTHER TIME LAPSE - - - - - - - - - -

I shift awkwardly from foot to foot. I’m waiting on the school steps for everyone. Suddenly a white van drives in and parks. And outside come all my friends.

“Sorry it took so long Percy,” Leo told me. “We had to stop to pick up Alex, Sam, Tina and Jeremy.” All the guys stumble out, and then the other girls. Annabeth comes out last. She is – sorry Aphrodite – the most beautiful women on earth. Her hair is pulled in a ponytail on the side. A stray piece of curly hair frames the side of hair. She’s wearing a perfect navy blue dress that hugs her curves in the right spots. It’s long sleeved, and the sleeves are made of lace. She’s also wearing makeup, which I never thought I would see her wearing. Black eyeliner, with a bit of mascara, blue eye shadow, light blush, and shiny lip gloss. She smiles that smile that makes me want to melt on the spot.

“Hi seaweed brain,” she says softly, fluttering her eyelashes, but all that my brain is processing right now, is how beautiful she is. She laughs when she sees me staring.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” she asks.

“Because you’re beautiful,” I smirk at her, leaning against the door. (TFIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

We’re the only ones outside, since everyone else went in. She lightly punches me.

“So you did read the book The Fault In Our Stars?” she inquires. Honestly, I did.  But I don’t want to tell anyone because that book made me cry.

“Maybe,” I reply mysteriously. “C’mon.” I offer her my hand. She grasps it, and I pull her inside. We make our way to the gym. There’s streamers, balloons, different lights, and a rotating disco ball. There are tables full of goodies on the side. This was going to be one awesome party. I drag Annabeth onto the floor, just as the slow song is starting, and pull her in close. We just dance for a while.

“Annabeth?”

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”

She looked up and smiled at me.

“I love you more,” she smirks. I frowned.

“No, I do,”

“Me,” she insists.

“Me,” I answer.

“M-”

“Did you give up immortality for me?” I raise my eyebrow at her. She starts to answer, but I don’t give her time.

“Did you fall into hell just to be with me?” I smirk at her.

“Did you-” but she cuts me off by pressing her lips onto mine. Everything starts to go fuzzy, just like it always does when I kiss Annabeth. Her lip gloss tastes like cherries. She pulled back and grinned at my expression.

“How about a truce? We both love each other equally,” she says after a while. I nod my head. She sighs, and rests her head against my shoulder. I wish I could’ve stayed here forever, just swaying to the rhythm of the music. I had defeated Gaea. Everything was fine. Maybe I could live a normal life. I was so wrong.

-------------------------------------

Hello ppl!!

So, my newest update. All rights go to Rick Riordan. Sorry about any spelling mistakes. AND PLASE DON"T FORGET:

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!

FOLLOW!!

THANKS!!

§ Melanie §