Chapter 6

*Ross' POV*

I felt Christina tense next to me. I looked at Daniel's emotionless face. He's obviously trying to stay strong for Christina.

"The day I came to your class I had just came back from the office. The receptionist had said that Mom and Dad got into a terrible car crash. When the ambulance had gotten there, their pulses had already stopped." Daniel said, his eyes full of pain.

Christina was still tense but her eyes were watering. I felt like it was the right time to step in, but Daniel glared at me.

*Christina's POV*

I sit there, wanting so badly for Ross to comfort me. Daniel is keeping him away from me for a reason. He knows I can get through it. "So what now," I choke out.

"Im 18. I'm an adult already, so technically I'm not an orphan. Which is why I'm taking you in legally." He says.

I manage a smile. I'm not exactly happy, i mean, I'm an orphan. But at least I live with my older brother. I should be happy for what I have now. A responsible-ish brother to take care of me and a group of great best friends. "Is that it?" I ask.

"Yup. I'm studying for a job but I'm gonna have this house for us as long as possible. You need to pick up some kind of job appropriate for your age. Maybe babysitting?" Daniel says.

"I guess. I'll think about it." I reply.

"Great. Now go on, have fun. I'll be at work if you need me." Daniel answers.

I grab Ross by his hand and bring him outside. "Where to?" I ask him.

"My house?" He answers.

We walk towards his house in silence. When we get there Riker and Rocky are playing video games while Rydel is getting ready to go to my house and Ratliff is busy eating. "Hey guys" I say as I walk in the front door.

"Yeah hi, kinda busy." Riker and Rocky say, oblivious to everything else. "Hey Ross, Hey Christina." Rydel says to us. "Hidnk dkdjdu" Ratliff says with a mouthful.

I smile at them and Ross brings me into his room. "So now what?" I ask him. He shrugs and turns on the tv, then starts playing randomly on his guitar. I smile at him and hum along. Ross notices and scoots towards me. He puts the guitar down and leans towards me. I can't resist as I lean forward as well, putting my hand on his cheek as he puts his hands on my hips. We kiss for a few seconds and then pull back blushing.

"Uh, that was...nice." Ross says awkwardly. I nod, thinking about the kiss. A ring goes off and I get a text message from an unknown number.

Text: "Hey" 

Christina: "Who is this?" 

Text: "Is this Christina?" 

Christina: "Yeah but you didn't answer my question." 

Text: "Oh well remember the guy you liked a few years ago? Blonde hair, blue eyes..."

I look up from my phone to Ross and gulp. He sees my expression and his face becomes worried. I show him the texts and he remembers that year.

I reply to his text. "What do you want, Luke."