Chapter 1

-Three Years Later-

I had just turned 11. I was a pre-preteen. I was so excited! My brother had just turned 14 and was dating Rydel Lynch, Ross' sister. He was popular in his groups and was even a football fanboy. He was best friends with Riker and Rocky and they all knew how to tease their siblings.

Other than Ross, Rydel was my best friend. She knew what I was going through during life, you know, girl-to-girl and advice. I also had another girl best friend, her name was Carleigh. Both the Lynches and Carleigh showed up to my 11th birthday party.

11 year-old-self POV

DING DONG! There's the doorbell! I'm so excited! "MOM! THE LYNCHES ARE HERE!!!" I yelled to my mom from downstairs. Without a response, I opened the door.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They cheered.

I smiled and said "Thank you" a bunch. I then saw that Carleigh had just shown up too.

"Happy Birthday, Curly!" Carleigh shouted.

"Thanks Carl!" I shouted back. We laughed, hugged each other, and went inside.

When we got inside, I got attacked with water balloons. I was soaked, but luckily I had my bathing suit on underneath my clothing. I glanced from left to right for the attacker, only to feel another water balloon attack from above. I looked up and heard laughter from Ross, Daniel, and Rocky. Riker, Ryland, and Ratliff snuck up on me with water guns. By the time the water ran out, I was soaked. Carleigh laughed and gave me a towel.

We then took our water fight to the pool, where it didnt matter if we got soaked or not. Carleigh said that she didnt want to go in, but Ross and I pushed her in anyways and jumped in ourselves. Riker and Daniel were showing off as Rydel tanned and watched us, laughing.

After two hours of that, it was cake time. Everyone sang to me and my mom took pictures. After the singing was over, I made a wish and Daniel pushed my face in the cake. Everyone laughed, including me, as i started breaking the cake into chunks and threw it at people.

Afterwards, we did presents. My parents bought me a cell phone for emergencies, but I was going to use it for texting people. My brother's gift to me was a month supply of not being locked out, which made me roll my eyes. The Lynches bought me a snow cone machine, which was the best gift ever. Carleigh gave me a best friend bracelet.

After everyone left, Ross stayed around and helped me clean up the house. What a mess! We started at the giant almost-dried-up puddle of water in the house from when i was pelted with balloons. Then we moved to the 'hall of cake' as i like to call it. When we finished, Ross gave me his cell number so we could text. Then he left.

Best birthday ever.