Chapter 10

To all my reader,

Please help me by promoting my story, commenting and voting. I am trying to upload more frequently so thank you for being so patient with me. It’s not an easy task to write chapters as long as I have been writing so please appreciate the effort that I put in. This upload should take me past 100 pages!! Love you all,

KaraaKinetiic.

Chapter 10.

“You need to tell me what the hell is going on right now,” Tyler growled at me from his seat. His eyes were ablaze with fury but it was a look that I was used to. He wasn’t happy that I had with-held information from him, probably more than that, he was mad that Cameron knew and he didn’t.

I took in a deep breath and blew it out before I turned to face him. This was going to be a serious conversation, I knew he wouldn’t just let it go without getting the answers that he was obviously craving and I wasn’t willing to be on the brunt of his anger; not this time at least.

“That man in the picture,” I spoke slowly ensuring that he heard everything that I said. He nodded his head for me to go on. “I know that man in the picture; I have come across him before.” I explained waiting for his questions to begin.

“What do you know about this man? What is his name?” He asked calmly and rationally which was a task for him to do considering he was extremely pissed off.

“His name is Sirius,” I began lowly remembering his red eyes; eyes that held secrets that one could only guess. They were eyes that looked at me in infatuation. “He is a cold callous man who doesn’t possess a heart. He is the epitome of evil and everything else that goes with it. His power is hypnosis, the ability to control people’s minds. You probably could have guessed that judging by the power that Silas held.”

“So he has the ability to control a person’s mind, how does that make the mission impossible?” He asked not completely grasping what I was saying.

“Silas held the ability to control only one person’s mind, but Sirius’ ability is much more special than Silas’. Sirius can control multiple people at once; he needn’t do his own bidding.” I finish my sentence there and let the silence hang in the air between us.

“Rhylee,” he asked seriously; pausing to look me in the eyes, “how do you know Sirius?”

I inhaled sharply letting the memory flit across my brain for all but a moment and then exhaled roughly feeling a stab in the pit of my stomach. “I know him because he is the man who killed my parents,” I answered simply. The pain formed knots in my chest but I was well past the point of crying, all that was left of it was raw pain. I conveniently left out the part where he killed William also, that needn’t be brought up and it was better off being left in the past.

“Okay, but what I want to know now is; how does Cameron fit into this whole equation?” He looked between both Cameron and I as if he was seeking the answers that either and both of us held.

I glanced at Cameron as she winced in pain, obviously reliving the memory. It wasn’t my story to tell; while I had lived through pain and deep rooted regrets, Cameron held a separate pain inside all her own. She looked at me as if seeking comfort or reassurance so I just nodded my head; encouraging her to speak.

“It was a long time ago,” she began, her voice shaking with vulnerability, one that I hadn’t seen in many a years. “My mother and father were everything to me and so was my brother Hunter but I had another sibling also, a younger sister who was almost an angel. She was beautiful and fragile and more than anything in the world she just seemed to radiate love. I was playing with her in the yard one day when a man came out of nowhere and grabbed her. I screamed, as loud as I could and tried running after her but there were more men that came out of the trees and grabbed me as well, dragging the both of us off into the depths of the woods.” She paused and took a deep breath; I could see the tears glistening in her eyes.