Chapter 8

If you like my story, Vote! Comment! Fan! Promote! Please bare in mind that Tyler finding his mate was inevitable and I chose not to prolong that, I wanted to move on so that Rhylee could find other romantic interests, trust me, there will be plenty.

Love you all,

KaraaKinetiic

Chapter 8.

I lay on my bed in my city apartment. The place seemed unusually quiet. It was only one of the homes that I owned in the city but it was by far my favourite. It was right in the centre of things in a large building around eighteen stories high with elegant apartments littering the floors owned by wealthy people.

My apartment was on the sixteenth floor. It was the only one for sale in the building at the time and was close to club 6 along with the casino. I hadn't been to the casino in some time and as largely considering going as a way to entertain myself on a boring Saturday night. It had been a week since I had seen Kaleb and I was for the most part glad for the distance that had been placed between us.

I grabbed my phone and sent a text, feeling that I would need company if I were to go out. I smiled and then proceeded to get ready for a night out. I felt lighter for a moment, knowing that no matter what happened, it would be a good night.

There was a knock on my apartment door followed by the sound of it opening. I smiled and walked out from my bathroom which I had spent the past half hour getting ready in. When I entered the lounge room, two familiar faces greeted me with soft smiles.

"Thanks for coming with me tonight guys, I really just need a night out I think," I said, smiling to Tyler and Donna.

"That's fine, I actually really need to get out, I feel like I have spent the last week cooped up in a house with this one," Donna spoke jerking her thumb in Tyler's direction who grinned sheepishly.

"I think that's a little too much information," I told her but smiled back.

"So are we ready to go or what?" Tyler asked somewhat impatiently.

"Of course," I nodded ignoring his impatient tone and followed as we left the building.

Tyler and Donna climbed onto Tyler's motorcycle while I climbed onto mine. There was an underground car park for residents but sometimes I didn't bother putting the bike down there because I used it so frequently.

The Casino was the same as always. Slot machines lined a room where people sat scattered among the contraptions, trying their hand at being the next one to win big. There was a wall that closed off the room but had an archway that opened out into another room which was used for other more strategized sorts of games. My favourite games were the card games which I won at quite frequently.

I sat down at an open seat at a Poker table and played a few hands before leaving. I was better off for money but not by a lot. I decided to try my hand at Black Jack and sat down at a table. Not mere seconds later another person sat down at the table. I cursed myself silently for not noticing his presence.

The dealer dealt the cards out and I looked down at my hand. I had a ten and a seven. I motioned to the dealer for another card and smiled inwardly when he handed me a two. Not wanting to push my luck, I sat with those cards and waited until the other players had their turns.

It came time to show our cards. I ended up with nineteen. When Kaleb flipped his cards, he had a pair of tens. I groaned inwardly. He looked smug. I tried to avoid his gaze but found myself looking over anyway. A smug smirk was thrown at me but I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

"How about we make this a little more interesting," he said to me, a challenging glint in his eye. I nodded my head to show that I was listening and waited for him to continue. "If I win the next round, you have to go on a date with me. If I don't, then I will leave you alone."