Appointment with him [28]

Out in the street, we hurried to a pretty old-looking car. It was a dirty red jeep with only two doors on every side. The back was an opened stowage which was empty at that moment.

"Sit in" commanded Tyler while walking to the other side and grabbing the handle to sit in.

While doing what he had said, I commented the first thought that crossed my mind before he could answer it himself. I have to think about the ideas in my mind twice before saying them out loud I guess. "Is it your car?"

"Yeah, from my own money. Because dear Dad didn't give me a penny to buy it" grumbled the boy. He put in the key, turned it sideways and started it up. The engine literally roared one before changing to the well-known working sound.

With my hands I gently touched the worn leather surface, surprised at how well-kept it was in comparison to its age. "Exactly how old are you now to already have a license and a car?"

"Not 18" laughed Tyler sarcastically. He glanced at me then back at the road. "I'm 20. Minyak's idea was to act as a 18-year-old teenager and find out more about Nature, aka you"

"I see" I responded and nodded. Since I had nothing to say I rather turned my attention to the night picture of Swellview, examining how beautiful the small city was during the night. Oh God, please be with us at our plan...

~•~

Less than 30 minutes of sitting in silence, we finally arrived to a detached house in a pretty hidden street of Swellview. It wasn't a luxurious home as I had imagined on the way - you know, with high-tech security system, titanium doors and at least two rottweilers or pit bulls.

Nevertheless, a person would have seen the house as a completely normal family house. Its dark brown colored walls were in a semi-good status with some patches of fallen plaster. The fence, gate and doors had a lighter color of brown while the grass was nicely cut down.

"He had time to decorate the house but not to care about his own son? What a coward" I hissed half-aloud as Tyler could hear that straight from my mind. And honestly, he did that as I could see it in his bitter expression.

We got out of the car and silently began approaching the building. I crept behind the guy as I didn't have the slightest idea where to search Minyak.

At the door my companion turned back with his hand around the doorhandle. His expression was strict, his sad dark brown orbs eyeing me while giving out the order. "His room is in the corner of the first floor with the dark pine door. His basement also opens from there so if he was awake, we wouldn't have to fear his being in the other rooms. It's only me who usually uses them. Follow me, I'll go in the front" he declared and was about to go in.

But I had to make exactly one, important thing clear so I grabbed his arm before sneking in. He looked back with confusion. "One thing before we go in"

"Go on" he replied.

"Can I trust you?" I asked with fully solemn expression. After all, that was a major key of the success. I must have trusted him in the first place.

"Yes, completely. I have enough of Minyak's stupid plans and I can't stand being his puppet and hurting innocent people" replied Tyler with sincerity shining from his broken expression. Only a true, worn look was enough for me to know I can trust him completely. "And even if I betrayed you, you could suffocate me with your vines so I guess I have no choice" he shrugged his shoulders with a small smile then turned back and stepped into the silent house. I followed him in with both excitedly and nervously.

There was no turn back.