Tyler's surprise [17]

The alarm clock suddenly sounded on the bedside table, noticing me to wake up, it's time to go to school. Again.

But this time, I woke up at a completely different bedroom. Everything was colored blue, red and dark gray - the double bed, the bedside tables, the walls... Even the drawers under the luxuriously huge and thin TV.

After I could finally open my eyes, I carefully sat up onto the edge of the bed. It took me a while to get back to the reality from the dreamworld, but to myself I was pretty quick. I dressed up to my casual clothes, grabbed my backpack and phone, then left the cozy bedroom behind.

As soon as I closed the dark gray door, someone appeared by my side. When I saw the deep blue pants, I sighed aloud and greeted the superhero. "Morning, Captain... Let me guess. You will take me to school, right?"

"Yes, I will" answered the man, following me through the huge cogwheel at the beginning of the corridor, where the rooms were.

You may be wondering what the heck I was doing inside the Man Cave as Delilah. Remember when Captain and Kid found out Tyler had done something with me? Well, the supervision-thingy had gone crazy. I couldn't go anywhere by myself - only when "Nature" was with me. Both Captain and Kid looked after me like after some kind of royalty, just to prevent any kind of harm from Mr. Jerk or his father. I even had to tell them once to let me go to the toilet alone, no one will appear from the water-closet and kill me...

About Tyler. He didn't give up as I expected. The guy didn't do anything horrible to me - only dragged me into the janitor's closet once, telling me that I better shut my mouth about the microchip and these kind of things. He also told that something is going to happen with me sooner or later - however, I haven't discovered anything strange.

"Hey Schwoz" I greeted the scientist on my way to the tubes. I could only come down through this since Cap told that from where the lift comes, it would be easy to guess Swellview's superheroes' identity. Of course I had to act like an idiot when they showed me the tubes, though I have already known how to use them - thanks to Nature, who I mainly retired from fighting crimes since the two men were with me in every seconds.

The scientist bumped his head into the bottom of the new machine he was working on. He creeped out, patting the aching part of his head and greeted me. "Good Morning, Delilah. Captain will take you to school?"

"Of course" I replied with sarcastic tone. I stepped under the tube on the left and clicked on the small controller which Schwoz had given to me. "I wonder when can I go to school ALONE and FROM MY HOME" I stated, emphasizing the words 'alone' and 'from my home'. It was cool to live with the superhero - still, I missed my privacy and my friends. I couldn't even tell them the truth that made my every days even worse.

"If we can catch that Tyler guy on doing something with you, we can put him in jail along with Minyak. But until then, the only thing we can do is to supervise you" declared the superhero by my side, tapping on his beltbuckle. He seemed worried as well, though he tried to act this entire supervision haven't already consumed most of his power. "Be right back, Schwoz. Up the tube!"

After the last sentence, the tubes flew us up with the well-known technic, right out to the alleyway. I had stepped out of it and followed Cap out of the alley, then stopped at its opening and waited until he arrived with the Captain-car and opened its door for me. I wasn't surprised to find Kid on the back seats.

Even though I had enough of their super-strict supervision, I didn't mind the time with Kid Danger. He was in the similar age-group as me so spending time was easier with him than with Captain - with the latter hero I was together with an adult. A stranger who I trusted, but... He was still a man I didn't know. With Kid, it was different, even though I didn't know him either. He kinda took after Henry - the superhero had a funny personality. He could always make me laugh - still, he looked after me, as well. Last but not least, he was pretty handsome.

"Hey Kid" I sounded as the door of the car shut after me. I turned backwards to see him clearlier.

"Hi Del. What's up?" asked the boy with a cute smile on the cheek.

I was about to answer 'nothing much', when I accidentally looked at my left arm. The sleeve of the jacket was turned up, giving me a sneak peek onto the strange, cortex-like patch around my lower arm.

I freaked out at its scenery, still I tried to stay calm in front of the superheroes. Not to catch their attention, I quickly turned down the sleeve and looked back at the boy like nothing happened. Of course later on I'm definitely going to examine this thing on my arm. "Sorry, the sleeve of my jacket was turned up. So, where have we been? Oh yes... Just the usual. What about you?"

~•~

Two hours later, I was alone in the restroom of the school for ladies. The bell had gone of ten minutes ago, so no one was in that place but me. Finally, I had time to pull up the sleeve and take a look at the horrible patch which looked like a cortex straight from a wood.

I tried to take it off but the only thing I felt was pain. Powerful pain into my bones, nearly causing me to cry out loudly. Like a tree started to form on my lower arm. It was terrifying to see and feel at the same time... But how on the Earth had it grown there?

From all of the sudden, the sound of two legs ran out of one of the toilets. I turned around, my heart beating with the speed of a racing car. But when the owner of the sound walked out of the toilet, the bewilderment turned into pure disgust and anger. Beside, the thought of recognition hit me like a rock, almost making me collapse. "You did that... You damn little freak!"

"Oh sweetie, don't you remember what have I told you about the little surprise you'll get sooner or later?" said Tyler on a semi-deep, devil-like voice. He stopped beside me and stitched his arms around my waist, whispering the following sentence to my ear. "And it's only the beginning"