Newbies and festivals [11]

"All I wanted was to be on the stage, but I'm livin' my dreams from inside of a cage" I hummed the tune of my all-time favourite song while opening up my locker with my finger.

I packed in my Math notebook and textbook into the cabinet, then took out the Literature equipment.

The rhytm of the FNAF song was still going on in my head when I closed the locker and turned around, finding Henry staring at me quite closely. He was wearing one of his usual long-sleeved shirts and a pair of black jeans, his blond hair perfunctorily lying on the left side of his head.

"Morning, Del" greeted the boy after I hadn't been saying a word since he arrived.

"Hey Hen" I replied, showing him my natural, calm smile. The previous day I decided not to worry about my amorous life - it won't help anything. So I let the enthusiasm go and changed back to the original Delilah. "What's up?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk about something with you" declared the boy, looking worriedly into my eyes with his brown orbs.

"Go on" I said, already knowing about the incoming topic.

"Alright" sighed Henry, standing on one foot then another. He wetted his throat and began speaking. "Were you okay yesterday? I mean you seemed quite upset"

"Oh, I just had a rough day, that's all... I could have argued with everyone" I explained. I tried hard to force an everything-is-okay smile onto my face. He didn't seem convinced enough - so I stepped right in front of him, patting his upper arm. "Hey, don't worry, I'm alright now"

"Okay, but promise me if you have any problem, you'll tell me that" said the boy with his right index finger raised up. He couldn't hold back a relieved smile.

I had to giggle, as well. It was good to laugh together with one of my best friends again. "Pinky promise" I held my right pinky toward him to what he reacted with his own finger around mine.

We looked at our fingers around the other's, then into the other's eyes. We both burst into laughter at how childish we were. Henry even closed the space between us and gave me a big, cozy hug. With my size I looked like a dwarf in the arms of a giant.

Only some seconds after, he let me go. I was about to say 'let's go to class' when the front glass door sprang widely open and a guy in a black leather set and black sunglasses stepped into the main hall with Charlotte by his side. Surely he was a new student as I've never seen him since I arrived, that's for sure.

The two walked to us, the sunglasses still on the head of the guy. He only took it off when he stopped in front of us. It was so random that I confusedly stepped one back, bumping into Henry - the boy's reaction was quite similar. He put his right arm around my waist defensively. Neither I looked back, nor changed expression - only gulped in a little bit of distress. Come on, you also couldn't have forgotten that well-known feeling under less, than 24 hours as nothing had happened!

"Hi guys" broke the awkward and strained silence Charlotte. Both Henry and me looked at her. I tried to force back the strange and irritating feeling and put on my natural expression.

 I tried to force back the strange and irritating feeling and put on my natural expression