Spilled Life.

Jem POV

I'm restless and I pull myself up further to Luke, and close my eyes.

I hear Luke shuffling and I am forced to open my eyes. By my surprise Luke's eyes are wide open and staring off into the darkness. To make sure I'm not seeing stuff I call out his name. "Luke?" I whisper into the air. "Oh sorry I woke you up" he apologized. "No it's okay." I exclaimed. I couldn't go back to sleep and I didn't want to move out of Luke's chest, anyways I was nice and comfortable to move. From a distance I think I could hear is heartbeat. I focused in on it, and heard it. A smile creeped on my face."I can't fall back asleep." I giggled. "Me either" he replied with a chuckle. I'm guessing it's around 4 am since the sky is auburn pink. "Have you always lived In Melbourne?" I ask nervously thinking whether he will react or not. "Yeah most of my life I was raised and born here in Australia." He answers. "and what happened to your dad? Why doesn't he live with you?" I didn't know why I asked that question, it spit out of my mouth so fast I couldn't hear myself asking. "He left when me and Jai were little" he exclaimed. I felt like I court bond with him. Although my father didn't leave me, it's more like he pushed us away. Thinking about my father sent chills down my spine to my toes. "Sometimes you don't need father. I wish I didn't have one" the last sentenced I regretted. I knew what words would come next out of Luke's mouth, it was the most commonly used in the world. "Why?" I cringed at the question, but I didn't dislike Luke for asking. I ask my self the same question everyday.

-FLASHBACK-

I heard the door slam shut. I jumped up, and stood up so fast my legs felt long. I shut and locked my door. I could hear my heart thumping to loud I thought it would rip out of my chest and land on the floor near me. His thick black shoes stomping on the ground, scared me to death every time I heard them getting closer to my room. I shut my eyes tight as he approached my door. "Open the door, Jem" he demanded with such a harsh tone. "NO!" I yelled back at him. "OPEN THE GOD DAMN DOOR!" before I knew it his foot slammed open the white door. The door swung to the side, and there he was my father standing above me. I could see myself in him, my light brown eyes, medium pouty lips, and my deep carved dimples on the side of my cheeks. I slid myself up to the corner of my bed, and hugged my knees up to my chin. It was obvious he was intoxicated with beer, all I had to do was whiff the air, and the smell would hit me like a ton of bricks. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO GIRLS WHO DONT OBEY?" He asks. I knew the answer, I wasn't dumb. Bruises and marks is what happens to girls who don't obey there drunk broken father. I could feel the tears start to sting my eyes and roll down my cheeks. His face is full of fury and sloppiness. He pulls me down from the corner of my bed by my ankles. "NO NO NO PLEASE, PLEASE DONT HURT ME ANYMORE" I started whimpering for help. I closed my eyes, waiting for the stinging mark to approach my face and back. His fist smacked down on my cheekbone, leaving me to cry even louder.

-FLASHBACK ENDED-

As I finished telling Luke why, tears started to form in my eyes and I shut my eyes so tight, I tear escaped down my cheek. My fathers abuse towards my family went on for about 4 months, until my mother had enough of bruises and marks, and making up excuses to her friends and family. We fled the United States so fast, when I asked my mom where we were going she spoke in the words of "Australia". I wiped my eyes and scoffed. Why am I crying? My father doesn't deserve my tears. I feel strong firm fingers turn my chin, and face Luke. I turned my head to face his, I could shape out his head, and eyes. "Hey, that was the past. He will never hurt you and I'm sure of that. I believe your a strong women, and I will never let anyone hurt you. I promise" his words assure me so much, my gaze into his eyes, explain how much I believe him. Luke's hand stays on my face combing away the baby hairs in my forehead, and I don't ever want them to stop.

After a while I I'm no longer sad. And I get curious about Luke. "What have you been through Mr. Brooks?" I tease. "Nothin much" he spoke. I could tell he was lying. "You can trust me, I want to get to know you, and I want you to let me" I spoke to him. After a couple of seconds, he huffed out a breath and began: "One day, it just hit me so hard. The loneliness, regret, and shame just hit me. I didn't know what it was at first. I thought the feelings would soon disappear. I was wrong, in fact they got stronger. Soon I found out I suffered through depression, and anxiety. I didn't know how to cope with it, so I drake and smoked the pain away. Some days I would wake up along the shore of the beach too drunk to get up, and Beau and Jai would have to find me and drag me home before my mother would notice. Now, I'm fighting it everyday." His story stung my heart, it felt heavy. I would never guess Luke Brooks suffered through these things, I would always think he was a normal boy. But it was wrong of me to make assumptions, because In the end I would expect myself to not judge before knowing. I pushed my self up, and sat up to face him. I looked him dead in the eye and spoke: "I get you. Sometimes, us humans have to cope with things differently. And yours just happened to be drinking. But it's okay, we all have a little broken heart. But Luke, no matter what, I believe your a good man, and it could be with you all the time, and I'm here to listen and be with you. I promise" I spoke. I stared there for a couple of seconds waiting for what might happen next. I wrap my arms around Luke's shoulders, and I don't care if he does also. All I know is I know he needs a hug. Soon enough he wraps his strong manly arms around my waist, and digs his head into my shoulder. I lay my head down into his shoulder, getting a whiff of sweat, and soap mixed in together, and it's like I desire his smell.

Luke POV

The thought of Jem being abused, almost kills me. I try to push away the thoughts and images of her helplessly begging for mercy. I would never think I would just tell someone about my problems, but a voice inside of me told me I could trust her. It's strange but I feel like I knew her for a million years. I check the time and it reads "3:45" am. I get tired of thinking all the things I was just told. I rest my eyes for as second, and when I remember Jem's head resting on my chest, I crack open my eyes to see if Jem has fallen asleep yet. Her light eyes are closed and her stomach is breathing up and down, her hips pop out to the side, and her long slim legs curl into the couch. "Goodnight" I whisper as if she was awake, but in reality I was alone speaking into the darkness. I let myself fall asleep soon after.

I'm standing in a dark hall way. I look around to see if I'm alone. I turn my head to hear sobs from the end of the hall. "Hello?" I yell out into the darkness for anyone to respond. I walk down further into the school hall way, and turn a corner. I feel the sobs getting closer and I put my head down. There she was. Less than 3 feet away from me, I see Jem.. In the corner. "Why did you do this to me?" She looked up and the tear marks stained her cheeks, and all I see is dried tears on her soft baby cheeks. As she stands up I get a better, clearer see of her. She has a red-purple bruise on her cheekbone, and I gasp to myself. "Why did you do this to me?" She repeats and directly looks into my eyes. "I-I-I didn't hurt you" I mutter out. All of a sudden I look down at my hands and a stinging piercing feeling flows thru my hands. I look up, and down to my hands to Jem. As I put the theory together, I begin to speak "I-I didn't mean it Jem, I'm sorry" I speak. Tears start to prick my eyes, and burn. "You make me weak... And I hate you for it" she speaks, and her words hurt like a million knifes at my back. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..... IM SORRY" I yell and melt into tears.

I wake up, to my heart pulsing as fast as a race car. I try and regain my normal breathing, and I remember Jem. Luckily, I didn't wake her up from my nightmare.
By the time, I'm calm I revise over my dream. The way she was crying, the way I hurt her, the horrible bruise in her cheekbone, and the way I just broke out crying. I don't know why I had that dream, or what it meant, but I would like to know.

Jem POV

It was a perfect day. Me and Luke just in the park, having a nice picnic. "I don't understand why we're here?" I ask Luke. "I wanted to show you what I do when I'm without you" as he leaves me to wonder, he pulls up his sleeves to reveal blood red cuts on his wrist. "What did you do to yourself Luke?!?!" I panic. "You did this to me, you selfish bitch. It's your fault I'm in pain." He speaks with tears rolling down his cheeks, but anger in his tone. I'm cold and still. I want to move but I can't. It's like I'm stone. I yell, and yell but no one listens to me. I look at Luke and he smirks. "Now you know how it feels to be alone and invisible" he walks off, and I yell after him.

After I yell to the top of my lungs, I tell myself it's hopeless. I'm going to he alone forever. Why would he do this to me?

I jump up, and breath uncontrollably. I feel sweat from the top of my forehead, and I wipe it off with the back of my back hand. "Are you okay?" Luke asks. I rest my head back on his chest, I pause for a moment waiting to reply. "Yeah.. I'm okay." And those are the last words I say until I fall back into a deep sleep.

Hope you guys liked this chapter, I added a few twist Bc I thought it would give the story more surprises. (: - @lovelylukeee