I kissed his cheek.

Luke POV

She turns around. I can hear my heart thumping, and I'm afraid she can hear it too. Her straight long hair, is so close to hitting my face, I have to back away a little bit. "Hey Luke." She speaks with her clear soft voice. We both make eye contact and both smile to each other. Jai interrupts our awkwardness, by speaking to Crystal: "Hey. Nice to meet you" Jai speaks with a sincere voice to Crystal. They instantly click. While me and Jem are just here standing. I decide to breaks off the silence. "We'll what brings you both here?" I ask both Crystal and Jem. "Um, you know just shopping for stuff before we have for go back to Penola" she speaks nicely. A part of me thinks I'm too eager to get to know her, and for that reason I think I should just stay away from her. But as other part of me thinks I'm not annoying her, and she's just shy. "Can we join you?" Jai asks to Jem. I switch my eyes to Jem to see her face and her reaction. Before Jem could spit out her words, a Crystal interrupts: "Of course!" Crystal says with a little to much excitement. Jai and Crystal both walk further into the mall and we follow. A few seconds later, my eyes click with Jem's almond eyes, and I feel almost as if I already know her. "Listen, um. I'm sorry I left you at that party the other day. I just don't want to make this day awkward" she speaks with such honesty. My brain shuts down and the cat got my tongue. It takes a couple seconds for my brain to process the words she just said and before I know it, I'm starting my sentence "You don't need to apologize, you were being a friend" I faced her and she smiled. "Great" she spoke, and now it seemed that the silence and awkwardness just flew away from us. "We'll it looks like Jai, and Crystal left us" I laugh and she lifts her head up to see if it was true. "God I'm going to kill her". We both decide to head into "Hollister" the clothing store, which is ridiculously expensive, but I have enough to spoil myself. Jem helps me pick out a few shirts, and tells me which would look good on me. Surprisingly she has good taste in clothing. As I stand behind her, watching her choose crop tops, she lifts one up and makes a questionable expression. "Do you like this one?" She asks. Although I don't know why she would want my opinion. "I think white looks good on you". My eyes rise up to her eyes and she has a giddy smile, with glass brown eyes. For as second, I picture myself looking at her with puppy eyes, and a almost seeming like child smirk. As if I have a baby crush on her. I don't even know this girl how can I possibly like her?

Jem POV

After I chose out a couple tees, what seemed forever, Luke and I waited in line to purchase our clothing's. "I can pay for your tops, you don't have too" Luke spoke with such sincere. I feel when people are so generous to me, or offer to pay for something I want, I feel like I should repay them. Of course I will, but it's worth a shot to reject his offer. "No, I don't let you, and you don't have too" I looked him straight in the eyes, trying to convince him, but my minds telling me Luke Brooks, is hard to convince when he has his mind set to it. "I'm going to pay for it Jem" almost saying his sentence with such demand. "I won't even argue" I laugh out for the whole stores to hear. I notice a couple of girls in the corner of the store, stare at me and Luke, with big google eyes. As if there eyes are telling me "What the hell is wrong with them?" look. I stare back at Luke and we both start laughing our asses off. We quickly pay and leave he store and sit down on the bench closest to us.

"Uh, thank you for paying for my shirts, I really appreciate it. I'll pay you back I promise." I kissed his right cheek, and I could feel his body heat rise to his cheeks. I turned away to see if Crystal and Jai were any where to be found, and turns out they weren't. "You don't have to, but okay" Luke replies with astonishment. His cheeks are drained back to his tan cream skin, and it almost seems like I didn't even plant that kiss on his cheek. "BOO!" A pair of thin fingers, spread around my shoulders. I turn to see Crystal. "There you guys are!" I say. I try to avoid Luke, because I have no idea why I just kissed him on the cheek. "Sorry, me and Jai were just walking around, and we lost you guys" she spoke with sarcasm."Uh huh sure" I said. I gave her that look, that I knew exactly what she was trying to do. I knew she was liking Jai, they would actually be so cute together. I may not know Jai Brooks, but he seems like the type of guy to take care of his girls. All the Brooks brothers seem to be gentlemen. "C'mon, Guys let's go, it's almost 7 pm" I speak with such eager to get home and reflect on my day. I signal to Luke to walk with me. "You know it's funny, how we never hang out until now. Like we live right next to each other, and we never text or anything." I said with such honesty. "We can text later, if you want" he ends his sentence with a seductive wink. "It would be an honor to have Luke Brooks number" I wink back at him, and we crack up laughing together in sync. We exchange our numbers, and by the time we had done that, we had reached the entrance of the mall. Me and Luke exchange hugs, and he places his manly hands on my waist, and sends a tingle trough my body, giving me goosebumps. He kisses me on the cheek, and winks goodbye. Jai and Crystal whisper something to each others ears, and Jai gives Crystal a goodbye cheek kiss. As the day started out, it was just me and Crystal. "Sooo, what's with you and Jai?!" I ask with such excitement, I feel like it will blow the roofs. "Okay so, it's not a big deal, but I got his number, and he called me beautiful" she smiles with such a wide mouth. I know Jai would be good for her, and it would be something new for her. Considering all the trashy, and jerks she has dated.