chapter 1

"Hey you, girl! Get back here!" you darted out of a food store and into an alleyway. You couldn't get caught or you would be spending a long time in prison, the man that worked at the food store chased you. He was still cursing and yelling at you for stealing just a small loaf of bread ' Its not fair' you thought 'Its not fair that all these people just sit back and watch as the poor starve and die on the streets.'

"There you are you rat!" the man said walking around a large dumpster. You got up but had no where to run, your gaze drifted to the ground.

"I'm sorry, I was just so hungry." you said, tears streaming down your face.

"Yeah, well you're going to be locked up for a long time!" he said snatching the bread from you. You couldn't do anything about going to prison but you wanted to try, you looked up at him and completely stopped the flow of tears. You tripped the man and jumped right over him, by the time you were out of sight he had given up on catching you.

"Ha, out of sight and out of mind." you laughed while leaning up against a building. The only thing you could think was 'yes I'm not going to prison' you let out a sigh of relief.

"You're not used to this stuff are you?" a male voice asked. He didn't seem to care what the answer was, which left you wondering why he asked. You knew you needed a weapon to protect yourself, you began reaching for the knife you had hidden in your boot.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." the male said, he seemed to have gotten closer. That was the last straw, you quickly pulled out the knife and spun around. Nobody was there, you felt someone breathing on the back of your neck. 'oh no, he's behind me but how?' You gulped.

"Just tell me what you want, I don't want any trouble." you said still not looking at the male. You heard him make a noise, it sounded kind of like a laugh.

"Idiot I'm not going to hurt you and I don't want anything." he said. He swiftly took the knife and stepped in front of you. He had black shiny hair and stone grey eyes. His expression was stoic and he seemed bored.

"Alright let's talk." he said bluntly. You didn't respond but he began talking anyway."So, you're not used to this are you?"

"um, well no I wasn't always like this. I used to have a family and friends but they're gone." you said drifting off on a trail of thought. You looked at him waiting for his story.

"Well I grew up on the streets, I never had family or friends. Anyway I'm Levi who are you?" he was just staring at you, his expression never changed.

"(R/N)" that's all you said to him.

"So, do you need some food or something?" he asked, looking away from you.

"No."

"Just take the food." he handed you some bread.

"I don't need your pity I am capable of taking care of myself!" you screamed, twirling in the other direction. You started running but he grabbed you by the back of your white shirt.

"I didn't tell you that you could walk away from me!" he yelled but you kept quiet and still refused to look at him."At least let me give you a place to stay for the night, there are more people like you that I help." his voice grew softer and it made you more comfortable. You sighed and nodded your head.

"Just know that I'm not staying unless I want to, your not my leader. Is that clear?" you demanded.

"Tch, crystal." he seemed annoyed that he was taking orders from someone else.

"Alright lead the way." you said with your arms crossed. 'swear he better not be lying about shelter, or what if he's with the cops? If he shows any signs of being cop I'll make run for it.' Before you knew it Levi was dropping himself into a man hole and signaling you to do the same.

"You want me to go down there?" you asked disgusted.

"You'll get over the smell." he said assisting you down into the hole. You both walked through the tunnel for a few minutes until you came to a lit up area that had twenty or thirty people roaming around in it. When they saw Levi they greeted him with a smile but when they saw you they gave you death glares. Levi grabbed your arm and pulled you closer to him.

"These people don't like strangers, they will do everything and anything to protect themselves." he whispered.

"Levi, what are you thinking bringing in strangers?" a woman asked walking up to Levi.

"Come on Courtney, we were all strangers at one time or another." he replied. Courtney roles her eyes and walked away.

"Hey (R/N) I think you should stay in my tent tonight." Levi recommended. As much as you hated the idea you couldn't say no since everyone else wants to kill you. You nodded your head and looked around at all the people who wanted to murder you.

(A/N)

OK so how was it?

know that this chapter isn't the most exciting one but its start. would actually like to thank the person who got me started writing, Akaluv. want to recommend LevixPetra book called coffee, friend of mine wrote the book and will not be updating it the book is finished.

also want to say thank you to all my fans that read my books