First Year Missions

The next morning I slowly woke up. The events of last night played through my mind and I smiled to myself. I looked down to see Blake was still asleep. Her arms were wrapped around my body clinging closely to me. I leaned down and kissed the top of her head gently. She was stirring slightly before she started to wake up. Her amber eyes opened to be met with my E/c colored ones. 

She smiles leaning forward and kissing me

She smiles leaning forward and kissing me. She then pulls away resting her head on my chest. A short while later we hear the others getting up. Yang was the first to say anything. "We wondered when you two were going to come back last night. You must have had a good time seeing as you let him sleep in your bed again Blake." Blake's grip just tightened around me slightly. "Of course I did he is my boyfriend after all." Yang squeals with delight while Ruby and Weiss join in slightly. I just roll my eyes slightly looking at them but not moving. "It's about time!" Yang says. I chuckle a little. "It took some time but I decided to finally tell her how I feel. I was just lucky she felt the same." I close my eyes savoring the memory. "That's great you two can we talk about it more when I get back I have to go to Ozpin's office." Ruby says. "You in trouble Red?" I ask. "Oh yeah that's right you two don't know." Yang butts in. Me and Blake look up at Yang. "Ruby ran into an intruder last night during the dance." I arch my eyebrow. "An intruder? What did they look like Ruby?" She went through the events of last night and her run in with the said intruder. "Well it doesn't sound like the brotherhood attempting a revenge plot." I say with a slight sigh of relief. "What makes you say that?" Weiss asks. I raise my arm above my head slipping it under my head to slightly lift it seeing as Blake wasn't letting me go. "Well you guys have met them they are not exactly the quiet type." They all nod. "Ahh I got to get changed quickly!" Ruby grabs her clothes dashing into the bathroom and changing into her iconic clothes in record speed. She then leaves the room leaving a trail of red petals behind her. I shake my head slightly lying back down. "So what is the plan for today then?" I ask. "We have our first year missions remember." Blake says. "I'll be honest I haven't been that well informed of upcoming events due to how much class I skip." I chuckle. "You know you really should start turning up to classes I'm sure you would enjoy them." Weiss scolds me a little. "I'll take that under advisement." I sigh. "I guess we should get up then if we have a trip." I say to Blake who groans in reply. I smile unwrapping her arms and getting out of bed. She pouts but soon gets up herself.

We were all dressed now and waiting for Ruby to return. While we had been waiting a package had arrived for Ruby and Yang. Something was strange behind the package but I decided to shake it off and focus on the book I was reading. When Ruby returned all the girls immediately crowded at the door to ask her how it went. I stayed on Blake's and my bed watching. Ruby told us how she had hinted to Ozpin what they had learned about happening in the south east. "That was a risky move." Weiss says. "No I think you handled it well." Blake says instead. "I hope so." Ruby says not entirely sure of herself. I close my book sitting up on the bed now. "I'm sure everything will be alright Ruby. Ohh I know what will cheer you up!" Yang says excitedly making her way to the package from earlier. "Whats that?" Ruby asks. Yang shrugs a little in reply. "I don't know yet Dad sent it I thought we could open it together." Ruby squeals. "Ohh something from home!" She rushes behind Yang to try grab it. Something then falls from the package and begins moving grabbing all our attentions. To our surprise it was a dog! The man had sent a real living dog in the mail I was speechless. It began to bark causing Blake to jump from fear while they Ruby looked extremely happy. "Zwei!!" Ruby holds the dog close while me, Blake and Weiss look in disbelief. "He sent a dog!" Blake says. "In the mail!" Weiss adds. The dog in Ruby's arms was excitedly licking her face. "Oh he does stuff like this all the time." Yang says trying to brush it off as normal. "Your father or your dog?" Blake asks it's only now I notice she has moved from the ground to the safety of Ruby's bed. Weiss steps in front of Zwei looking down at him acting cutely at her. "Are you telling me that this mangy, drooling mutt is gowing to wive with us forever oh yes he is yes he is." I looked at her in a sat of shock I had never seen Weiss's tone change so quick. "Please keep it away from my belongings." Is all Blake has to say. We hear Miss Goodwitch's voice over an announcement system asking all the students to prepare for the missions. I put on my mask. "I'll see you girls in the hall." I walk out the room following the other students heading there as well.

I was stood with Team JNPR when the rest of my team walked in. Blake stood beside me as Ozpin started to give a speech talking about the past and how important it is to stand united. He then started to explain how the missions would work before finishing his speech. "This is perfect all we have to do is shadow a Huntsmen working in the Southeast." Ruby says. "Yeah follow them around all day then give them the slip at night." Yang adds. "That will no problem for me." I smirk and Blake nudges my side giving me a playful look. "Let's check search and destroy." Weiss says so we make our way over to select a job. "Here we go quadrant five needs clearing of Grimm." Ruby says as I shrug. "Well it's in the southeast." Blake says. "Sounds perfect." Yang adds. Ruby tries to enter our teams name but a message comes up telling us that the mission is not available to first years shattering our plans. "So what now?" I Ask. "We mail ourselves there." Ruby says causing me to groan. "Well that's one option." Ozpin says stepping out. "Unfortunately we determined that the concentration of Grimm was too extreme for first year students. It seems that particular region is rather popular. In fact I have a sneaking suspicion the five of you would make it there no matter what job you choose." We all just look at Ruby. "Whatever makes you say that?" She says trying to brush it off. "I'm still curious as to how you found yourselves at the docks last semester. I'm interested to know how you really learned about a hideout in the southeast and I certainly wonder why witnesses reported seeing robots and rose petals in a dance club some time ago." Ruby stalls before Ozpin carries on. "I doubt I'll ever know the exact answers I'm looking for. So how about this instead of waiting for you all to break the rules. How about we bend them instead." Ozpin pulls out a scroll and changes the requirements on the missions screen. We all look happily at each other. "We won't let you down! Thank you Professor." Ruby says thankfully. "Do not thank me for this teamwork and persistence have carried you far but you must understand the things that await you beyond the protection of the kingdom will not care." I roll my eyes. "They will be fine I lived out in the wild for five years I'll make sure they are alright Professor." I say. He shakes his head in reply. "No you will be going on a solo mission Mr L/n." This get all our attentions. "What why?" I ask. "The girls must learn to work without you being around sometimes and we have a mission that is ideal for your set of skills. I sigh. "You mean the Darkness don't you?" He nods slightly and that was the end of that. "Remember stay close to your huntsman and do exactly as he says. He will be leading you on this mission and he can have you sent back to Beacon if he finds your skills to be unsatisfactory." Ozpin says before walking away. We all look at each other now. Ozpin quickly pops his head back. "Oh and Good luck. Mr L/n I will see you my office for your mission." I couldn't lie I was highly disappointed that I wouldn't be going with Blake and the others but also slightly worried. Blake rested her head on me slightly and I wrapped my arms around her. "I'm going to miss you." She says to me. "I will miss you too Blake just make sure you come back to me in one piece alright." She nods. "You better too." I smile a little resting my head on top of hers. "It's a promise." She moves her head and we look into each others eyes before she takes my mask off so only she can see me she leans forward and we kiss. "Ewww kissing blehh," Is all Ruby says causing Yang to chuckle. "That will be you too one day Ruby." Blake and I separate my mask now back on properly and I wish them all good luck before they leave for their mission. I now headed to meet with Ozpin.