Drastic changes

When I woke up my head was killing. I looked around to see I was in a white room. 'I must be in a medical room.' I thought to myself. As if on a cue a nurse walks into the room. "You're awake that's good to see." I look at her. "How long was I out?" I asked her. "About a week and a half." I slowly swung my legs over the bed slowly getting up. "Sir you should really be resting." I ignore her standing up. I feel weak at first but quickly get over it. "Where is my team are they safe?" Ozpin walks into the room. "Yes they are safe and well Y/n. However I am curious did you manage to retrieve the darkness?" I look at him. "I think so why?" Ozpin sighs and hands me a mirror. I take it from still confused. I look into the mirror. Half my face is horribly scarred. "What the fuck!" I say. I touch my face and it hurts like hell. One of my cheeks has a hole in it and my skin appears to be burned. A huge deep scar ran though one of my eyes but luckily I could still see out of it. It was as if the darkness was refusing to heal me after my fight with Victor. "I need something to cover my face now." Ozpin nods and pulls out a box. "We had a feeling you would say something like this so I had a mask made for you. It is my hopes you will not need it for long." The box was placed on a table in front of me and I opened it. Inside was a mask the would help cover my disfigurements. The mask was that of a skulls lower parts such as Eyes, nose holes and a jaw. 

  I held it up feeling the cold metal

  I held it up feeling the cold metal. I put the mask on now feeling slightly better that my face was covered. I was still pissed and confused though. 'Why didn't you heal me?' I ask the Darkness. "YOU ARE UNWORTHY YOU DESTROYED THE SIPHON THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT TILL I DEEM YOU WORTHY!" It spits back at me. 'So your just going to let me die?' The Darkness growls. 'I WILL HEAL ANY FATAL WOUND BUT YOU WILL KEEP THESE SCARS FOR NOW!!' I can feel that it's the end of the conversation with it. "Mr L/n." Ozpin's says pulling me back into the room so to speak. I look at him. "Well it fits well. Your suit is ready for you to change into. If you are feeling up to it I suggest you head to combat class and join your team." I think about Blake now when he mentions my team. Any chance I had with her would surely now be gone with how I looked now I thought sadly. "Did any of them visit me while I was out?" Ozpin shakes his head. I thought it best to let you rest in peace." I thanked Ozpin for the mask he soon left and I changed into my casual suit. Despite everything it was nice to be dressed properly again. I waited while the nurse did one last check before leaving the infirmary.

 I headed to the combat class my team was in but decided to hang around outside the door looking in rather than entering. I could see my teammates sitting in the stands. Pyrrha was currently fighting team CRDL. I knew she could take them though. In all honesty I was more worried about Blake. She looks like she hasn't slept for weeks. She was reading a book as usual which makes me smile a little under my mask. Pyrrha's fight had just ended when Goodwitch decided to call on Blake. I was about to step up and offer to spar with her but a boy with silver hair interrupted offering to fight instead of Blake. I decided I had seen enough fighting and having not really intended on staying around for long anyway I decided to leave. As I was walking I wondered what I would do now. Would the girls still want me around anymore? I had caused a lot of trouble with the brotherhood that was for sure. Though we had finally dealt with them I was contemplating leaving Beacon. I decided to pay a visit to Johnny to help clear my head. On my way to Johnny's I hear the monkey faunas Sun asking Blake to the dance. I quickly walk past them not wanting to hear the answer.