High Tension

It had been a few weeks since the brotherhood had tried to attack my team. Since then I had managed to comfort Johnny the best I can. It had not been easy in fact I had to tell about my losses such as my parents and Olivia. He eventually started to trust me more when I said the grief would get easier as time past but that they were always with us. I had decided to wait before going to Hellgate I didn't feel like I was ready yet but I knew I couldn't put it off forever. My team and I were walking around the city everywhere you looked you could see people getting ready for the upcoming Vytal festival. Weiss was clearly the most excited out of us all. "I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss. It's kind of weirding me out." I had to agree with Ruby when she said that. Weiss seems to pick up on this. "What How can you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, Parades, a tournament!" Weiss carries on rambling but the feeling of more people sounds annoying to me just extra's to be wary of. "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring." I chuckle at this. We all hear a boat horn and turn our attentions to the water. "Remind me why were spending our Friday afternoon hanging out at the stupid docks?" Yang says as me and Ruby hold our noses. "Ughh they smell like fish." Weiss however seems unaffected by this. "I heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving today and as a representative of Beacon it is my duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom." I roll my eyes. "She wants to spy on them so she'll have am upper hand on them in the tournament." Blake says I laugh now. "That would explain it." Weiss crosses her arms at us both. "You can't prove that." Before either us continue to tease though we notice what appears to be a crime scene surrounded my police. "I hope these weren't the guys that had to clean up my mess a while back. I would so demand a pay rise." I tried to joke. " You know everyone thinks we have a serial killer in Vale now because of that. The Butcher of Vale that is what they call you." Weiss says. I click my tongue. "In my defence they attacked me first and besides they almost hurt Blake.." I say trailing off. We all walk up to the crime scene now though I keep back a little. Ruby asks one of the officers what happened. "Robbery. Second dust store this week. This place is turning into a jungle." He turns away to talk to his partner. "They left all the money again." This makes me wonder why rob a place if your not going to at least take the money? Is Dust really that valuable. I had to admit I still didn't understand dust all that well but I was unwilling to let Weiss lecture me. "You thinking the uh white fang?" The cop from earlier asks his partner. My gaze towards Blake and she looks at me. I remembered that Blake had told me about her her past with the white fang but I knew she had also left them behind. "Hmph. The White Fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates." I hear Weiss say causing both mine and Blake's heads to turn towards her. "What's your problem?" Blake asks her. "My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane." I click my index finger on my hand. "The white fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided faunas." Blake says I can tell this is upsetting her. "Misguided?! They want to wipe humanity off the planet." Weiss says trying to justify her comments but Blake replies. "So then they're very misguided. Either way it doesn't explain why they would rob a dust store in the middle of downtown Vale." Ruby hums a little "Hmm Blake's got a point. Besides the police never caught that Torchwick guy I ran into a few months ago." I nod my head "Maybe it was him then?" I say trying to move the conversation along but Weiss just won't let it go. "That still doesn't change the fact the white fang are a bunch of scum. Those Faunas only know how to lie,cheat and steal. " I can feel myself getting very angry she was basically insulting Blake right in front of her even if she didn't know it. I wanted to say something but I couldn't without risking revealing Blake's secret which she trusted me with. Our conversation was stopped when we heard shouting in the distance. "Stop that Faunas!" We quickly move to the docks edge railings. We watch as a Blonde haired monkey faunas runs from two sailors. He proceeds to jump down from the ship. I quickly lose interest in him though turning my back to the railings. The rest of my team watch as he is chased by the two officers from earlier. As he run pasts us he winks at Blake which immediately puts me in a bad mood for some reason. "Well Weiss, You wanted to see the competition and there it goes." Weiss starts to run "Quickly we have to observe him." The other girls follow her but I am no longer in the mood to chase after them. Something about what that guy had done to Blake just pissed me off. I knew the reason of course I just didn't know what to do about it. I turned around heading into the city looking for a bar. I finally found one that looked shady enough. I Sat down at the bar. The bartender gives me a look. "You sure you're old enough to drink?" I tilt my head at him giving him a look. "You sure you want to be able to talk after I have left?" His eyes widen as I click my fingers he quickly nods. "Give me whatever is strong and lots of it." He pours my drink thus begins a long day filled with plenty of thoughts about Blake and the Monkey boy...