Arriving at Beacon

The next day Y/n and Blake stepped off the bullhead and were at Beacon Academy. Y/n let out a deep breath. "Here's to a new life I guess." He said to himself. Blake was absorbed in her book as the two walked. Soon Y/n's attention was caught by the sound of what seemed to be an explosion followed by a glass container that fell towards him only to stop at Blake's feet. She picked it up not even taking her eyes of the book to look at the object in her hands to do so. She suddenly turned her attention towards two girls. One with White hair clearly shouting at the smaller girl with dark hair giving her a hard time. Y/n watched as Blake made her way over to the two the glass container still in her hand. Y/n rolled his eyes and stayed back only listening to the conversation. "It's Heiress actually." He heard Blake say clearly catching their attention before she continues . "Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust company one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world." This clearly excites the girl with White Hair. 'So I guess her name is Weiss.' He thinks to himself but before the girl can get too full of herself Blake continues. "The Same company infamous for its controversial labour forces and questionable business partners." This causes Y/n to laugh louder than he meant to but he couldn't help himself he had not expected Blake to have such a sharp tongue, that mixed in with Weiss's clear annoyance did entertain him. The small girl with black hair also giggles while Weiss snatches the glass container out of Blake's hand and strops away. Y/n slowly walks forward to stand beside Blake now. The small girl calling out to Weiss before she sighs she turns back to talk to Blake but finds that she is already walking away.

Y/N follows behind Blake. "You know you don't have to follow me around." She says slightly annoyed. Y/n simply shrugs. "Look I'll be out of your hair soon enough just waiting to get my room then I can lock myself away during the days I have no intention of making friends here as it is." She stops and turns to look at him. "What do you mean?" He shrugs. "You are the first person I have spoken to properly in years. Sure we opened up to each other last night but that doesn't make everything is suddenly alright I still have a dark power to live with and you have your secrets as well." He starts to walk past her. "I'm only here to see if that headmaster can help me be rid of this power." Blake shakes her head annoyed as Y/n disappears into the distance.

Y/n was annoyed. He hadn't expected Blake to be as distant as she was. After last night he thought the two had at least some sort of bond between them now considering they knew each others secrets but he must have thought wrong. While walking around he sees the Headmaster Ozpin. "Headmaster I wish to discuss terms with you if you have the time?" This causes Ozpin to turn around. "I see you came Mr L/N." Y/n only stands and looks at him. "I'm about to give my speech to your fellow students we can discuss some arrangements afterwards if you will wait for me." Y/n sighs but nods and he makes his way to join the other students. While waiting for Ozpin to give his speech Y/n notices the girl from earlier stood with a blonde and Weiss was it? If his memory served him correctly. Suddenly Ozpin walked onto the stage and began to give his speech. Shortly after it was finished Y/n begins to look for Ozpin who is waiting for him on a bench for him. "Great speech professor really lightens the mood.." He said sarcastically. Ozpin chooses to ignore this. "Now about these arrangements?" This quickly catches Y/n's attention "I only have a few. First of all I'll need my own room seeing as you know what power I possess and I'm assuming you know how it looks? I don't feel I need to explain why I would like my own room" Ozpin looks at him.  "Blake's reaction last night was proof enough..." Y/n say quietly to himself. "So Miss Belladonna saw this so called Darkness?" Y/n only nodded. "Interesting... please continue." Y/n sits down next to Ozpin. "I will need to be able to access the forest at night.. I understand you have a curfew and that it's used to protect students but I'm not someone who needs looked after. I'm one of those things people run from." Ozpin looks deep in thought before he asks a question. "May I ask why?" Y/n gets up again. "In order to keep the Darkness in control I have to let it out and it will slaughter everything in it's path I try to keep it focused on Grimm but others could get caught in the process if I'm unable to have a place to unleash it without that risk." Y/n turns his back to Ozpin. "Right now I'm only able to suppress it for an hour at the most when I'm in a dark place. After an hour i can't keep it hidden and it will be visible to others hence wanting my own room as well." Ozpin nods. "Anything else?" Y/n nods "Just one more. I would like the option to not take classes the next day if I have been shall we say 'Hunting' the night before as it usually leaves me feeling very drained and pretty weak." Y/n now turns back to look at Ozpin who nods. "Very well these seem reasonable as long as you do not exploit use of them." Y/n nods and Ozpin gets up to leave. "Just one more thing sir is it true we will all be staying in the ballroom tonight?" Ozpin nods and Y/n clearly looks worried before Ozpin talks. "I will alert Miss Goodwitch to your situation and you will be free to leave the ballroom in order to regain some strength so you need not worry." With that he begins to walk away leaving Y/n to his thoughts.

Nighttime arrives at Beacon and all of the students including Y/n are in the ballroom for the night. Y/n like most of the other guys was shirtless. He noticed a blonde girl with her eyes upon him. He quickly shakes it off right now he needs to focus on at least trying to get some rest he knows that the night will be a long one for him. His focus is broken though when he catches himself looking over at Blake who was still reading though now obviously in her nightwear.