31

before christmas break, johnny and saori made plans with their friends to spend new year's at johnny's parents' cabin at the mountains. it's a 3-day trip, isolated from the world, and also free wifi at the area.

johnny needed to buy supplies for their trip so saori, ten and jaehyun offered to accompany him to the store.

they were supposed to help him pick out the necessities like food, matches, flashlight, extra blankets, etc. but apparently, johnny was the only one who brought his brain cell, with the help of jaehyun's malfunctioning one.

saori and ten just messed around the store like a couple of dolts, not even bothering to help the two boys.

"do you think bigfoot likes smores?" ten asks, dropping ten bags of marshmallows in the cart. he then dives in into a serious discussion about the snow monster with saori.

johnny sighs resignedly as jaehyun gives him a comforting pat on the back.

"one week apart and she doesn't even pay attention to me," the taller boy pouts.

"it's only been a week man..." jaehyun reasons, never understanding how relationships work. maybe he's better off being aromantic after all.

"ugh."

"hey, saori let's check the scented candles over there!" ten pulls saori with him.

they separate from johnny and jaehyun for a while; ten checking if they were at a safe distance to give saori, "here." he hands her a paper bag.

saori stares at it curiously. "what's this?" she asks, peeking inside.

"johnny wouldn't accept so figured i'd just give it to you." ten replies, crossing his arms and glancing around wearily.

saori makes a choked sound as she shoves the bag back to ten. "why the hell are you giving me condoms?!" she shrieks.

ten shushes her. "well don't announce it! we're at a department store!" he scolds.

"why are you giving me condoms at a department store?!"

"so it wouldn't be suspicious." ten rolls his eyes. "plus, johnny wouldn't expect it so hide it in your coat."

the thai struggles to place the paper bag into saori's coat pocket. there was a lot of pushing and cursing, but they instantly stop when johnny and jaehyun caught up with them.

ten's arms were around saori, reaching for the pocket.

"what're you guys doing?" jaehyun laughs at their startled reactions.

"nothing, i just wanted to give saori a hug." ten lies, successfully hiding the bag, with saori taking it defeatedly.

"yeah," saori whines, walking over to johnny and was about to hug him when she remembers—fuck what if he feels the bag in my coat?—she then jump away from johnny just when the latter opens his arms for her.

"what's wrong?" johnny asks.

"nothing." saori shakes her head vigorously and looks at ten. "hey, ten let's check out some boots!"

the girl tugs ten's wrist, walking away from the two guys again.

johnny scowls in confusion, sharing a look with jaehyun. "what's going on?"

jaehyun shrugs. "maybe they're getting to know each other." he proceeds to push the cart.

"why'd you drag me out here?" ten wonders now that he and saori are far away again. he then shoots saori a disgusted look. "you're not gonna ask me how to use a condom, are you?"