6

saori can feel johnny's friend and her cousin talk about them. she can FEEL it.

she knew something fishy was going on when ten dragged taeyong with him, and johnny didn't say a word about it.

what the hell.

"you okay?" saori jumps as she hears johnny's voice.

she looks up at him - damn his long ass perfect legs! - and forces a smile. "yeah! yeah, i'm cool." that was her mantra whenever she and johnny would be left alone together.

it happens on a daily basis - in school - because of that stupid promotion committee that she got herself into.

she's grateful that she gets to see johnny often, and she gets to see him all serious and concentrated on his work - which makes him so hot by the way.

but johnny being hot is what causes saori a babbling mess beside him.

over the past week, whenever johnny would approach and talk to her about poster-related, her vocabulary shrinks in size with a repetoire of: yeah, cool, alright, got it, yeah i'm cool i'm cool, i got it, nice, noice, nice one, coolness, great. and any conversation ending word that comes in mind.

fortunately, johnny doesn't notice it, if he did, he doesn't point it out.

that is, before now.

"you always say that, but you're from far it," johnny says.

saori furrows her eyebrows. "what?"

johnny glances down at her then back up at the ice cream menu. "you always say you're cool but you're not." he instantly regrets the way he worded it, with the way his eyes widen in panic.

"excuse me?" saori scoffs.

"i meant--i mean when you say you're cool but you look like you're ready to jump off a building!" he screeches out.

"you're the one who's ready to jump off a building here," saori counters, crossing her arms. "and i am cool, okay?"

johnny smiles to himself and mentally agrees. i guess you are. just the other day he saw her beat yuta at chess and yesterday he heard her mouth off dongyoung, next in line candidate for the student president position.

"gee, i can hear your silent judgment." saori snaps, taking his silence as a sign of disagreement.

"i think you're cool," johnny blurts out as the cashier calls them next for their order.

saori almost trips, but johnny catches her in time before her face collided with the line divider.

johnny laughs at her flushed face and helps her up. "i take back what i said," he jokes so saori hits his chest lightly.

"i hate you," she grumbles as they proceed to order ice cream for the rest of the group. saori makes sure she orders the cookie dough flavor for dongyoung.

"i don't believe you."

please don't. it's actually the opposite. damn it, you're gorgeous.

saori keeps her thoughts to herself.

--

"what do you mean johnny panicked???" yuta is so fucking confused. this is johnny seo they were talking about. the always confident and oh-so suave member of whatever the hell their group is called.

the three friends share a look and simultaneously stare at yuta that freaked him out.

"don't do that!" the japanese complains.