27

a/n: i just want to say there's gonna be a PG(???) scene in the middle of this chapter um so just a heads up.

doyoung panics. he tried chasing after taeyong but he just lost him. damn, how can taeyong be so fast?

doyoung checks the park, and lucky enough, he spots taeyong sitting on one of the benches, crying.

"taeyong!" he runs over before taeyong could escape. "what happened back there? you just ran away!"

taeyong stares at him, surprised for a second. "why-why did you run after me?" he wonders.

"what—what do you mean why?! you suddenly left after asking me out! i—" doyoung's reminded of their conversation from a while ago.

taeyong lowers his head. "i'm sorry," he says. "i shouldn't have—i shouldn't have put you in that situation. i'm sorry."

"what—what are you saying sorry for? you didn't even let me answer! i—" doyoung's racking his brain. he needs to carefully choose his words in order not to fuck this up.

"—i was taken by surprise, alright? i didn't—i wasn't able to process it quickly and now that dumbass—" doyoung curses himself for even texting yuta. "—pops out of nowhere."

"didn't i scare you off?" taeyong questions, dry tears painting his face. "you texted s.o.s. to yuta, i thought—"

"no! what—you thought i texted yuta when you confessed to me? taeyong, i'm not gonna avoid you." doyoung's expression softens as he joins taeyong on the bench. "and i'm sorry about yuta. that was nothing. i texted him when i saw ten and didn't want to deal with him alone."

"oh." taeyong fidgets, playing with his shirt's sleeve. "i—" he tries to look at doyoung but ends up being flustered.

"i'm—i don't—i..." doyoung honestly doesn't know what to say. he's not the spontaneous type of guy. he needs at least 1 or 2 working days in order to gather and organize his thoughts and properly express them.

he's never talked to someone unprepared. but then again, taeyong always seem to catch him off guard.

"i like you," taeyong says just to clarify. "i like you a lot."

"i—" doyoung blushes, speechless. "—thank you. thank you, taeyong."

honestly, he doesn't get it. he doesn't understand what taeyong saw in him that made him like the personification of bitterness and salt.

"i—i don't know if it's only you or i'm really gay but i do know is i have feelings for you. you're the only that made me feels this way." taeyong confesses, his heart beating too fast.

"the thing with yuta is... at first i thought i was only jealous of your friendship but then i realize it wasn't only because you're friends.

"when i see you with her being all cuddly and soft, i can't help but think that maybe you have a crush on her... and the thought left an ugly taste in my mouth.

"and i thought it's because i used to like her too but for some reason, i thought it wasn't that bad that she dated johnny, leaving you single and...

"and—and i just—i—" taeyong takes a deep breath, covering his face with both hands.

"i thought of us. being friends. going to places just the two of us. and the thought of us dating crossed my mind because that's basically what we're doing now. you know, hanging out often with just us too.

"and—and—i just—i liked the thought of it. i really liked it. and when i saw you there in the café, and you started talking about dating and i just—