16

a/n: btw, just a heads up. i chose not to specify the debate topics because i know a lot of people have different perspective and opinions so i don't wanna to cause an uproar in this fic. im worried it may lead to serious arguments and that's not i want to do with this fic. i want to keep it light-hearted and enjoy this fic!

"so."

"get out of my room."

"you've finally joined a club, huh." yuta says as he grabs saori's desk chair to sit on it.

saori judges her cousin as he attempts to recreate that captain america meme. "what do you want? go away." she throws a pillow at him.

yuta easily catches it and shoves her to sit at the edge of her bed. "man, maybe i should join debate as well. i wanna see dons get his ass kicked by you."

"oh my god please don't. i don't want you being such a stage mom." saori groans, imagining yuta loudly cheering for her at the stands.

this maybe karma for her, she guesses. she's always the loudest yell yuta's name whenever he scores a goal in one of his games or during his guitar solo on stage.

he still remembers doyoung's annoyed look when she continuously screamed during yuta's band performance during music fest.

"whatever. band and soccer's already taking enough of my time." yuta scoffs, finally getting off saori's bed. he wonders why she hates being bothered if she's not really doing anything. she's just lazing around on her bed!

"didn't you join a history archives thing club?" saori vaguely remembers him bragging about it.

"nah, that's more on volunteers. it's not really a club."

"right." saori rolls her eyes. she points to her door. "get out."

"yeah, yeah." yuta exits the room without closing the door.

"closing the fucking door!" saori swears to god his cousin can't leave her alone. she doesn't even see herself as a only child anymore.

--

saori usually feels happy whenever she hears the dismissal bell ring. dismissal means home and home means sleep. but now dismissal means club and club means having to sit in two different clubs with a doyoung in them. not that she's complaining. it's just a lot to take in.

"you nervous?" johnny asks her as they were walking to their club room.

"half of me is," saori admits. "half of me wishes i read more about social issues."

johnny chuckles at that and pats her shoulder comfortingly. "don't worry. mr. cho makes sure to pass out material for us to study before holding discussions." he says.

"oh, that's a relief." saori exhales. "we'll be reading the same stuff, then?"

"yep."

"oh, great."

when they reach their room, there was an argument happening. which was weird since mr. cho wasn't there yet, and they never start without him.

"dons." of course, kim doyoung is involved in whatever heated debacle occurred. and so was ten.

"ten." johnny deadpans, rolling his eyes at the shit-eating grin his best friend gives him. "don't start."

"whaaat? i'm not starting anything!" ten defends himself, laughing at the annoyed glare he gets from doyoung.

"listen here, you little--" doyoung was about to engage again but good thing saori stops him.

"okay, dons." she grabs his arm and soothes him down. "it's okay. just ignore him."