1: Leaving Beacon Hills

I watched the clouds from my plane seat in coach. Chris was sipping whiskey from a plastic cup every 10 seconds, he was still getting used to Allison's demise. I hadn't recovered yet myself, this was the whole reason I was on this plane, wasn't it? I couldn't stay in beacon hills not when everything reminded me of Allison, especially not when she made it so clear she'd always love Scott more. I looked over at Chris there were dark circles under his eyes and he was beginning to have a 5 o'clock shadow. I looked around, I was bored and I needed something to keep my mind off her. I saw two women whispering back and forth looking around with shifty eyes. I listened in to their conversation.

"...I hear Paris is great for hunters" the first woman spoke in a lower silky voice.

"Yeah, I heard Paris is ruled by the hunters, some big shot family. I think the they're called the Argents" the woman said with a high almost screech like tone.

"Tracy why are we going to Paris if it's practically conquered aren't we trying to find more jobs" the first woman said.

Tracy paused for a moment "I hear they're having trouble keeping the frequent rebellions under control, don't worry Kim they'll be plenty of work for us there and it'll be safer for us too" I saw her glance towards me, I think they finally noticed I'd been starring at them. I quickly looked away, I was so nervous, what if they figured out I was a werwolf!? Chris tapped me on shoulder and gestured at my hands, I hadn't realized I was gripping the arm rests so tightly my fingers had started to dig into the fabric. I un-clutched my hands.

"Are you afraid of flying?" Chris asked, he seemed genuinely worried.

"No" I responded quickly I glanced back at the two woman, the one called Tracy was still looking at me but the other was reading some Paris magazine.

"Isaac, you need to tell me what's wrong" he leaned in closer "I can't have you shifting on the plane, we'd all die" I raised my eyebrow.

"I'm not going to kill everyone on the plane" I said exasperated.

Chris gave me a more than unconvinced look, "Isaac we both know your more then capable if you lose control."

"I'm not going to" I said louder then I intended, the women looked at me again. I glanced at them before turning to the window, I didn't want to seem suspicious. When I was sure they turned away I turned back to Chris "Those women" I gestured with my eyes to Kim and Tracy "I over heard them, they're hunters looking for  work in Paris, from the Argents, so from you" I whispered under my breath.

"Perfect, I'll go talk to them" I started to get up, I panicked but by the time I went to reach for his arm he was already across the aisle sitting in the seat next to them. I listened into what he was saying.

"Hi" he smiled widely, the woman looked at him confused. "I'm Chris Argent and I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you two are" Kim seemed a little shocked but Tracy toke her chance and jumped into action.

"Hi I'm Tracy and this is my best friend Kim, were actually looking for some hunting jobs in Paris" Tracy told Chris. Tracy had jet black hair with a strand of blue that matched her eyes, she had pale, practically white skin. Kim just smiled at Chris dumbly she had light brown hair with dark brown eyes, and tannish skin. Chris pretended to act surprised that they were hunters.

"Well that's great, I can get you two good positions and we can all spend more time together" suddenly his attention turned to the flight attendant walking down the aisle.

"Sir I'm going to need you to go back to your seat now" she said in an uptight and stern voice.

Chris held up his hands up and started to go back to his seat "I'm leaving" he told the flight attendant.

"Thank you sir" she walked back to the rear of the plane. Chris turned me immediately his face suddenly serious.

"I'm assuming you got every word of that?" He asked, for once his mind seemed to dwell else where besides Allison, and it was good for him. I nodded "Good, I assume i'll be able use them as our spies" ,Chris told me, "but until then there's nothing you can do but relax and stay calm." I breathed deeply and closed my eyes, before I knew it I was asleep.

. . .

I woke with a start. gasping for breath, I was breathing heavily. I felt trapped and I couldn't remember where I was.

"Isaac! Isaac!" Chris's voice reminded me I was on a plane to Paris, he looked worried. I myself was worried I was on the verge of losing it a second ago.

"I'm fine" I told him, he looked like he didn't believe me "It just a bad dream" I lied, I had no idea what woke me up, or why I was so panicked.

"Well it doesn't really matter now, were here" Chris announced.

. . .

I got off the plane lugging my suitcase behind me. I'd only brought one suitcase and it was small enough to be a carry on. I looked around the busy airport, Paris was exploding with activity it made me feel claustrophobic. I took a deep breath, I'd recently lost some of my control when Allison died, which was such a pain.

"Alright follow me, we're gonna take a cab to the apartment I rented near my family's estate but we obviously can't stay there, because" Chris looked at me almost seeming annoyed.

"I get it, your family wouldn't agree with your choice in companion." I sighed maybe this trip wasn't the best idea, after all I was an omega living in a city full of bloody thirsty hunters, in fact my room mate was one of them. In Beacon Hills I had a pack, a kick-ass alpha, friends and stiles, but yet I couldn't be there it was too painful.

I continued to follow Chris until we got out onto the streets, he signaled a cab which he instructed to go to some random apartment building. When we arrived we had to walk up 13 flights of stairs since the elevator was broken, I was at least 4 flights ahead of Chris when I got to our apartment "1345, home sweet home" I sighed, this was a shitty place. When Chris finally caught up he was heaving and he unlocked the apartment slowly and tediously. I crossed the threshold to the apartment it was small, but I could deal with it.

"You're room is that one" he pointed across the apartment where they're were three separate rooms, one was the bathroom and the one farthest left was my bedroom while the room on the other side of the bathroom was Chris's bedroom. The room I was standing in now was the mini kitchen and behind that was the living room which had a tiny window out looking Paris.

I put my stuff on my bed and returned to the living room, Chris was in his bedroom. I gazed out the tiny window, Paris really was a trashed city, most of its natural beauty was sucked out of it by none other then the locals, but I would learn to survive here, no I would learn to thrive.

Author's Note:

- light editing 8/3/18