Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Although the three of us weren't looking at each other, I figured that we shared the same shocked expression.

Anthony smirked at he eyed the three of us. "I'll see you all soon," he said before turning around to face one of his men.

"Guide Emma to her bedroom, Davidson," he demanded with a cold voice, and I shook my head, stepping forward before crossing my arms over my chest. 

"No. I'm not leaving yet," I said with a hard tone, and Anthony looked back to me with raised eyebrows.

He turned back to the man he called Davidson. "Wait out the door. She won't be here longer than five minutes."

Davidson, the man with dark brown hair and a small receding hairline nodded, and Anthony walked passed him while four guards followed behind him.

When the door closed behind Anthony, Lucas, Jason and I were finally left alone.

"Don't worry about him, Hope. He's bluffing," Lucas laughed, but it seemed forced.

Turning around, I ignored Lucas' intense gaze and moved my eyes to meet Jason's dark brown ones.

"Hybrids?" I whispered with furrowed eyebrows, and he sighed.

"I don't know what to say, Em," he said softly, and my gaze slowly looked back to Lucas.

I couldn't hold back a dry laugh. "We're apparently hybrids. You're a hunter. What are Lauren and Anna?"

"Werewolves?" Jason laughed, and I scoffed.

"Probably," I whispered.

Looking over my shoulder, I nervously glanced at the door that I was worried would open in any second.

"Don't worry," Lucas whispered again, and I turned back around to see that he has moved slightly closer to me.

A shaky breath left me. "I can't help but worry, Lucas. Your life is at stake for a spell that apparently only Jason and I can do."

My eyes shifted to Jason worriedly before looking back to Lucas. "And God knows what spell he wants us to do."

Lucas suddenly cupped my cheek, and unintentionally, I brought my cheek closer to his palm.

"Go. Eat something. We'll be here when you get back," he smiled.

"No," I shook my head. "I don't want to leave guys alone."

"Don't worry about us, Em," Jason said, and I noticed how close Lucas and I looked in his perspective.

Quickly, I took two steps away from Lucas so I was between the both of them in front of them.

"Go," they both said, and my lips parted, ready to deny their demand, but before I could, Jason walked around me and opened the door, revealing Omar, Victor and Davidson standing on the opposite end.

"Take her," Jason said with a clenched jaw, and my brows furrowed.

"Why do you want me to leave so bad?" I asked, but both of them ignored my question as Omar stood next to me.

"We'll see you soon," Lucas smiled before the door closed, separating me from the both of them.

For thirty minutes, I sat alone on the bar stool as I moved the scrambled eggs around my plate with a fork.

"Eat, darling," Juliet, one of the many cooks smiled at me, and I forced a smile as I looked up to the middle aged woman.