chapter thirty eight

Bella pulled into Macy's driveway

Bella pulled into Macy's driveway. She got a good look at her giant mansion of a home. Bella wondered what were Macy's parents careers, because this house was a dream. She shrugged of the idea and got out of her car. She walked toward Macy's door as she could feel the crisp air of the night hit her warm cheeks.

Bella got close to the door, however she felt her phone vibrate.  She reached into her small pocket, whilst knowing on Macy's door. She picked up her phone and saw a new text from Scott.

Scott- Have fun tonight xx I can pick you up from Macy's if you want. I didn't know she lived so close to me. Weird.

Bella let him know that she had her car with her, but the 'Weird' did catch her off guard. I mean it's pretty normal for Scott not to know where everyone lived in Cresmont, but they lived a street away from each other. Maybe Scott didn't paid enough attention?

Macy answered the door with a smile, 'Hey come in'

Bella smiled at her. She let Macy walk ahead of her, so that she knew where she was going. However, it seemed that Macy was walking around endlessly as well. It made Bella feel a little unsure of the situation. It felt like Macy and Bella were walking into a new house together, not at all a feeling of Macy's family home.

Macy seemed to notice Bella's uncomfortable body language, 'Sorry we just did some new reservations to the house, so it's a bit annoying to find places straight away'

Bella nodded, 'Yeah that's fine'

They both made their way to the kitchen. Macy reached into the fridge, which Bella noticed had nothing in it but juice and almond milk.

'Haven't gone shopping yet' Macy laughed like she read Bella's mind, 'Juice?'

'Yeah sure' Bella smiled, 'So what were you thinking of doing tonight?' 

She watched on as Macy tried to think of something, 'I'm not sure'

Macy poured the apple juice into two glass cups. She turned around to give Bella her juice with a smile.

'Thanks' Bella started to drink the juice

Bella begun to think about what she wanted to get out of Macy. She wanted to address Jackson and why was she speaking to Tyler?

'Macy' Bella begins with a racing heart, 'Do you miss Jackson?'

Macy sighed loudly, 'Yeah of course. I just can't believe that happened to him'

'Yeah this town has gone so insane' Bella said

'Since Hannah died' Macy finished, 'I know she was your friend but her death has just caused chaos'

Bella couldn't help but agree, 'Yeah I know. I was heartbroken when I found out. It was just something I couldn't understand, I still can't now'

'That's like with me' Macy said, 'With Jackson I mean'