chapter thirty six

Bella drives Jessica's car in silence

Bella drives Jessica's car in silence. She had no idea what to do with Jessica and Alex. They were her best friends, and Hannah was too. Bella knew what Jessica did was wrong, but she wanted it to be okay between them. 

'I'm such a fuck up Bella' Jessica said quietly 

Jessica's head was laying back against the passengers seat and her head was turned away from her friend. 

'I don't know what to do anymore' Jess went on, 'Maybe I should just forget about both of them. Justin ruined my relationship with Alex' 

Bella furrowed her eyebrows, 'Okay I ruined it. But if Justin would just stay away from this town, it would've happened' 

'It's hard to forget a love' Bella said as she trailed on, 'I mean I kissed Scott and I don't know if he's still with Harriet or not' 

'Harriet is so annoying' Jessica scoffed, 'And I don't even know her' 

'Yeah me either' Bella said 

She begins to wonder what Harriet was actually like. Was she nice? Did Scott like her? Or was he confused the other night and really likes Harriet instead. 

'I don't know if I can face Alex' Jessica said, 'I want to tell him it was a huge mistake' 

'Was it?' Bella questioned it, 'Do you regret it?' 

Jessica didn't answered straight away. She without knowing answered Bella's question. 

'It's okay Jess' Bella said

Jessica looked at Bella and let a tear fall from her right eye. She wiped it away with a sniff. 

...

Bella dropped off Jessica to her house and decided to walk back to hers. She didn't leave that far away from Jess. She kept her head down and looked at her phone. There were messages from Zach. 

Zach- What's up with Jess?

Bella- She's fine. Just had a moment 

Zach didn't answer but he read it. Bella wondered if he was with Alex right now and that's why he was concerned. Bella loved Zach, but sometimes she didn't know what his intentions were when he did certain things. Or spoke to certain people. 

'Bella?' she heard a voice come from behind her. 

It was Scott. 

'Hey' Scott said breathlessly, 'How it going?' 

Bella knew that he was going on his daily run, as he was shirtless. She wanted to stare him down but she didn't want him to notice her interest. 

'I just got back from Jessica's house' Bella said, 'Why are you running around here?' 

He lived on the opposite side of town

'I just like this area better than mine' Scott said simply, 'Plus I wanted to talk to you. I was going to come over, but you won't home' 

'Yeah I was with Jess' Bella said as they begun to walk side by side, 'This person told Alex about her and Justin' 

'Seriously?' Scott scoffed and shook his head, 'This person needs to stop' 

'I don't think that's going to happen anything soon' Bella said, 'It's getting worse' 

'Yeah I wish I could track this person down and fucking kill them' Scott said roughly 

Bella was taken back by his words and Scott knew, 'I'm sorry I just don't want anyone to hurt you' 

Bella felt her heart melt from his words now, 'Thanks but I'm a big girl' 

'I know' Scott smiled 

Oh that smile. Bella begun to walk toward her house, which they unconsciously made their way to. 

'I should go' Scott said, 'Let me know if they text you' 

Him standing by her letterbox gave her memories of when he would drop her off after dates or long nights at his house. She nodded at his request. He nodded at her once again, but she couldn't take it anymore. 

'Scott' it came out smoothly like she had been holding onto it and she had been practising it for a while 

'Yeah?' Scott turned around like he knew Bella would call him back 

Well he hoped that she would call him back. Bella felt her legs jumped up and run over to Scott. She placed her lips onto his and let herself not be afraid anymore. She wanted Scott Reed. And Scott Reed wanted Bella Santiago. 

Bella fell back a little, as Scott placed his hand on the small of her back and lead her into her house. Bella opened the door as she kept her lips on Scott's. She was so infused with his lips, that she didn't bother to check if her mother was home. 

They intensely kissed each other, until they reached her bedroom door. They looked into each other's eyes and asked each other if it was okay. Bella begun to take off her tshirt and pants. She checked down there if she had shaved. She sighed in relief when she realised that she shaved her 'down there' a couple of days ago. 

Then she begins to think about how Scott hadn't seen her naked for a while. This worried her. She knew that she had gained a little bit of weight since the last time they had sex and she was wearing her cat underwear. 

'Nice underwear' Scott laughed as she hit him on the arm

They laughed to fill the silence, but begun to kiss again. Scott led Bella toward the bed and they collapsed together.