chapter twenty seven

Bella watched on as Courtney was in the interrogation room

Bella watched on as Courtney was in the interrogation room. She was sitting there with her shaking hands, as she held her plastic cup of water.

'Have they talked to her yet?' Jessica asked as she looked over Bella's shoulder

'Nope' Bella said simply, 'I don't think she will be getting out for a while'

'That's bullshit' Jessica stated

Bella nodded. She went to go sit down with Clay, Zach and Alex, however she heard her phone go off. She got it out and it was Scott.

Scott- Hey I heard what happened. Are you okay?

Bella felt her heart melt inside of her chest, but didn't want to show it to the others. They were staring at her and waiting for any information about Courtney.

'It's Scott' Bella said, 'He was just wondering what was going on'

'Of course he wants to know' Jessica scoffed

'Jess' Alex said in a warning tone

'What?' Jessica said as Bella put her phone back into her pocket, 'He all of a sudden cares about it'

'Please' Bella pleaded, 'I don't want to hear it'

'We are all just stressed about Courtney situation' Alex said, 'Let's try and not go against each other'

'Alex is right guys' Zach added, 'Do we really want to fight about Scott right now?'

'Whatever' Jessica said as Bella wondered what was up her ass

Bella was about to make a comment, but Courtney walked out and met up with her friends.

'How was it?' Alex asked frantically

'What happened?' Jessica said as Courtney eyed the police men walking past them

'I still don't know what happened' Courtney said, 'But they said he was already dead before I hit him with my car'

'So he was murdered?' Zach asked with a serious tone

'They don't know the cause of death yet' Courtney said, 'Or they do but they are not telling anyone yet'

'This is insane' Alex said as he ran his fingers through his light brown hair, 'What the fuck is wrong with this town?'