chapter thirty four

Bella was walking in what seemed like circles around her home, thinking about what she is going to do about Jessica, and if she should tell her about who actually told Alex

Bella was walking in what seemed like circles around her home, thinking about what she is going to do about Jessica, and if she should tell her about who actually told Alex. However, she got off the phone before she could tell Jessica anything about the situation. 

She could feel the anger boil up in her body, but she knew if she angered this person any further, it may get worse. But Bella stared at her phone intensely and decided to grab it. Her protective and impulsive sides were beginning to mix together, and just like a match and explosives, it doesn't mix very well.  

Bella- I don't know who you are?!!! But you need to leave me and my friends alone. 

She threw her phone across the room and signed. She heard the phone smash onto the floor. She cared for second, wondering if her screen was broken, but then she didn't care about her phone. No phone meant that this creep couldn't message her anymore and that had been her dream for weeks. 

She heard her phone vibrate against the floorboards and she suddenly went into a frozen state. Her ears couldn't hear the buzzing and her brain didn't want to believe it was true. She reached under her bed and found a video sent from this person. She was expecting a text back or another threat. She decided to click into the attachment. 

Who are you? sent an attachment. 

She looked it at it for a little bit and wondered what was on the other side of this viral threat or discovery. 

The video begins to play and it's dark. Bella let her mind race to the moment where Jackson's body showed on the screen, but this time it was of Jackson healthy and importantly alive. It seemed like he was speaking to someone, and Bella can only guess that this person was a drug dealer or something worse. The unknown person had their back to Bella, but she guessed it was guy from the shape of their body.  Jackson begins to talk about something and to Bella, it seems serious by his concerned facial expressions. 

The video ends there and Bella is left wondering what the hell does this mean? Suddenly, she gets a expecting text. 

Who are you?- Listen I don't want to make your life worse than it is, but it's necessary 

Bella- It's necessary to fuck up my life!! I'm blocking you I'm done 

Bella decided to do something she should've done months ago. She blocked them. She finally had the guts to block them, without feeling the guilt of something else happening. This person may have exposed Jessica and Alex's relationship, but that was Jess' fault. They may have killed Jackson, but Bella was over trying to save everyone from the darkness of Cresmount. She wanted to get alive, not suck up this person's ass and be scared. She was done with being scared and feeling weak. She had already been through hell and back, with losing one of her best friend, she didn't need this. Not now. Not ever. 

...

Alex Standall walked into school with Zach Dempsey by his side. He had told Zach everything that had happened between him and Jessica, in which Zach believed was bullshit. Alex really didn't want to see Jessica or Justin for that matter. 

He believed that this was the last straw with Jessica, because he had been heartbroken so many times before. But he kind of expected this to happen, as he always knew that he was Jessica's second choice. Justin had always been her first, even after the tapes. Jessica seemed to be by Justin's side, all because he had this "puppy feel sorry for me look" written all over his facial features. Chicks obviously seemed to dig that and Alex was done with it. 

'Hey man do you need help with getting to class?' Zach asked but Alex shook his head furiously 

'No I don't' Alex responded as he walked to open his locker, 'I just need some time to be alone' 

'Listen man' Zach said sympathetically, 'I know that you're upset about Jessica, but I don't think being alone is the best idea' 

Alex scoffed, 'I'm not going to try and kill myself again because of Jessica Davis' 

'Okay woah' Zach said with his hands up in defensive, 'I just was suggesting maybe we could hang out, you know get your mind of it' 

Alex didn't want to say no to Zach, knowing he was just trying to help. Alex nodded which created a smile on Zach's face. 

'I guess Justin won't come to school' Zach said, 'I wouldn't' 

'Yeah' Alex said quietly, 'I don't really want to talk about it man' 

Zach understood and shut up about the raw subject. He watched over Alex as he collected his textbooks. Zach then noticed Bella and Jessica walking down the hallway. He felt his heart jump, even if the whole situation didn't concern him whatsoever. He wanted to rush Alex straight out of there, but he knew that it would look extremely obvious. Zach then noticed Scott Reed walking toward the two girls. Zach wondered why Scott and Bella seemed closer these days. 

Alex turned around to see the two girls as well. Alex just rolled his eyes on the outside, but could feel his heart drop to the balls of his feet. Scott felt the same when he saw that Bella couldn't even look at him. He felt his heart breaking everyday that went past without Bella Santiago. Alex felt his heart sink every second when he was reminded of Jessica's true feelings about another boy, that wasn't him.