C H A P T E R 10:

Returning back to school was hard. I couldn't go to school for the next 3 days. Its Friday today, thank God. Mustering up every bit of courage I had left in me, I opened the doors of the school. Immediately I could hear the whispers and the degrading laughs. I scoffed, it was almost like they were all waiting for this moment. The moment their favorite prey returned, just so that they could begin their hunting again. Keeping my head down, I continued my pace of walking. Wouldn't want to give them the pleasure of intimidating me, even though they actually were. Taking the books for my first [eriod, I went to the tiny closet beside the toilet. I quickly went inside unnoticed and calmed my self. I was going to face him again today, Oh God. The Primes would definitely do something today too. I Sniffled my nose as I tried to keep my tears at bay. I was honestly tired of this. Its been like this since 3rd grade. I would come to school, hide until the first period and then go on to bear all the bullying from my peers. 

The bell rang a few minutes after that, and I got up and started to go to my first class for the day, English. I couldn't tell if the Primes saw me because I kept my head down all the time. Once I reached the class, I quickly jogged to the front of the class and took a seat on the first bench. Though the students would notice me easily here, the Primes never sat here. They would always sit at the end of the classes where they had reserved seats. 

So I just sat there, ignoring the people as they discussed among themselves how ugly and disheveled my hair looked. Of course, they did, I couldn't afford a barber and I tried to trim my hair as good as I could. But it still looked bad, it was cut at odd angles and no two parts had the same length. I couldn't do anything else to my hair, just looking at them brought back those memories so I decided to just wear a hoodie till my hair grows back. 

After a few moments, everything went silent. The sudden silence raised my curiosity and I desperately wanted to know why, although I probably knew why. I glanced around me but kept my head down. soon I saw a few pairs of shoes passing m=by me and going to the end of the class. They did stop momentarily but then went back. I knew the shoes belonged to the primes. I knew they saw me. 

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as I wondered what they would do today. I just wanted to look behind. I just wanted to take one glance at Xander though it seemed unreasonable. So I did. I turned around, and my breath got caught as I saw that he was already watching me. As soon as I turned around, he smirked. I turned towards the front and cursed my self. He knew I would turn around. He always knew.

English class went by quietly. Ignoring the whispers, the paper balls, and occasional snarky remarks, the class was not really bothering. My next class was Mathematics, and the only member of the Primes in this class was Val. He was the smartest of the of them. The proud topper of our school. There are rumors around the school that he is also a street fighter. That explains the muscled and the tattoos. But he was unapproachable. The only people he ever talked to were his fellow Primes. He wouldn't speak with anyone else. He didn't need to though, his eyes stirred greater fear in the people's hearts. As usual, I took the first bench and Val sat in the end. I tried to ignore him for the entire class and was easier said than done. He kept on staring at me from his seat, drilling holes in my head. Unknowingly I started to sweat. I started feeling paranoid for some reason. With every bit of dignity left in me, I restrained myself from turning back. I couldn't focus on anything taught in the class. As soon as the bell rang, I bolted from my seat outside. Took my books for the next period and hurried down the hallway to my next class.

As all my classes got over, I thanked God as I made my way to the parking lot. Guess I spoke too soon because the Primes were waiting for me there. Shit.