Chapter 15: So Much To Live For

(I'm sorry for making people cry and threaten characters -sniffles- I really hope you will forgive me. -giggles- Especially since this chapter is a tad better)

Evan had thought about this situation a million times but his blood boiled as he watched his neice being attended to by the sister, who had been with Alice since she was brought into the hospital earlier. Cassie stood over him, her arms around his neck, being his support system in his time of need. He was angry that he had let some punks hurt his neice, angrier than he wasn't there to protect her.

He was her uncle dammit...

 "Come with me," She tugged his hands pulling him up. He silently followed her outside the room, which reeked of every bunny known to man. He thought if he could surround her with her favorite things, it'd make her wake up, but so far all it made him did was sulk. Sulk and contemplate murder.

  His brother and his wife aged more with every hour that passed. "We're going for a walk. Come with us," She smiled at them taking each of their hands in hers, leaving him to trail behind. He managed a weak smile as he watched her convincing everyone to do what she wanted. She was a tad spoilt in that way, she usually got everyone to go along with anything she planned. It was a gift and a curse at the same time.

 She led them all to the small chapel, light with the candles and faint music which lightened the mood. He hadn't been to church in ages, usually working or making excuses for not going but being in the tiny chapel seemed to fill his spirit with a tiny bit of joy. "My family is a praying family. When one of us gets sick or is in trouble, nobody can help us but the man upstairs. Alice needs us to pray for her, he's the only one who can heal her right now," She clearly said closing her eyes. They all followed her lead, waiting for the man upstairs to work his magic.

Dear Lord of Mercy and Father of Comfort,

You are the One I turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need. I ask you to be with your servant Alice in this illness. Psalm 107:20 says that you send out your Word and heal. So then, please send your healing Word to your servant. In the name of Jesus, drive out all infirmity and sickness from her body.

Dear Lord, I ask you to turn this weakness intostrength, suffering into compassion, sorrow into joy, and pain into comfort for others. May your servant trust in your goodness and hope in your faithfulness, even in the middle of this suffering. Let him be filled with patience and joy in your presence as he waits for your healing touch.

Please restore your servant to full health, dear Father. Remove all fear and doubt from her heart by the power of your Holy Spirit, and may you, Lord, be glorified through her life.

As you heal and renew your servant, Lord, may he bless and praise you.

All of this I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

Amen.

"Amen," He pulled her close, knowing he'd just found "the one". She cared nothing about herself at this moment, or the clothes she wore which didn't match or weren't designer label, she cared about his family, her man and her God.

  They all lit a candle for Alice and another one for Oliver, who had been injured badly trying to protect her. He had respect for him from the moment he'd seen the kid, his arm broken, with a few bruised ribs and his face bruised and bloody as the nurses had wheeled him into the hospital. He remembered the words the boy had whispered to him as he was taken into surgery. He was banged up and pretty doped up but managed to say words that  convinced him that he was a good guy.

"Tell Alice I love her," 

 "I will," He said, squeezing his good hand, watching the orderlies wheeling him into the surgery room.