Chapter 3:He DOESN'T Work At The Bank (Part 2)

Yeah its short i know

Switching between first and third person has been corrected

 Part 2

  “I don’t think this is going to work,” Cassie yelled from the changing room. Leti had insisted on a co-ed fitting for her wedding party. At least twenty people were cramped into the small Indian store, trying on the outfits that Leti had picked out for them. Her outfit was a mustard, grey and cream sari with a  tight mermaid bottom. The matching top was mustard to match the sari with a flower on the spaghetti strap. She had never seen her body look this way- the material skimmed over her curves, molding itself to her shape. She felt self-conscious as hell, she wasn’t going to wear this-ever.

   “Come out let us see you,” Leti yelled from outside the door. She would have to come out and face Evan again. He had almost eye raped her earlier after seeing her usual Saturday morning wear. She wasn’t a big dresser, especially when she would rather be at work, throwing her heart into her business, needing to get away from her empty house. She reluctantly exited the changing room, closing her eyes behind her geeky frames. She didn’t want to hear it..she didn’t want to hear that she wasn’t perfect. She was never shaped like her mother and sister, but had the body shape of her grandmother and she hated being considered “thick”.

  “Oh my Lanta. Sis you look gorgeous,” Faith covers her mouth with her pink manicured hands. Faith always had something to say about everything. Even though they were close, Cassie had always resented her sister for having the shape she’d always wanted. Faith could make anything look good, her good looks had gotten her signed to a model agency at seventeen while Cassie was slaving in New York trying to please her boss at the Soho bakery, where she practiced her skills after the store had closed.

They had grown up very different…

  “Thanks.” She shrugged looking at her reflection in the mirror. She saw Evan watching her from the corner of her eye, laughing when he caught her blushing. The other women departed eager to try on their outfits after seeing Cassie in hers, leaving her alone with Evan aka The Late Night News.

  “You look beautiful,”

“Thank you. So do you,” He looked amazing in the cream brocade indo western suit, which made his eyes stand out more. He looked like he came right out of a Vogue spread.

 “No woman has ever called me beautiful,”

 “They were obviously idiots or blind. I’m sorry…” She babbled on her words, feeling her cheeks burning, seeing the amusement in his eyes. He was enjoying this a tad too much. “I’m sorry, when I get nervous I just talk a lot,” The floor becoming her focal point staring at her bare feet, mentally reminding herself she needed to get a pedicure.

  “I think nervous is a cute look on you,” She gulped nervously wrapping her arms around herself as she often did when she was trying to calm herself down

“It so isn’t. I mean like… ugh. I’m doing it again,” This time she laughed at herself nervously running her fingers through her curly hair. She made no effort to hide her casual look or her laid back nature. A friend of a friend had told her to dress like she was one dance away from a pole until she was married for five years but she had never been a social butterfly. She could never be a sex kitten and didn’t even want to attempt it. (if your memory is good you’ll remember who said this. –evil laugh-)

 His rich laughter are the only sounds she hears for the next few minutes.

 “You need to stop over-analyzing everything. You’re not going to end up on the news eh. So calm down,” It was hard to take his words into thoughts as she changing off into her old Lakers sweatshirt and ripped jeans.