Chapter 6

Scar

In the end all my attempts have failed to get away from Max and Akshay, even though Akshay wasn't so bad he could still kick ass. Max had me under his thumb, he wouldn't let me out of his sight even with Akshay by my side 24/7. Even though Max watched me like a hawk, he trained me like I was his own. I didn't complain, I got some training in, learn a few new moves even got info on Max's strikes.

Eventually we went back into the 2nd dimension and that's where the training really started. My wolf was left behind like the first time but if I focused hard enough I could hear her cries of disapproval, screaming at me from a miles distance, to go and not follow Max's ways but I ignored her.

Ever since we went back to Earth Akshay hovered by my side than glanced toward Max momentarily afterward. It turned out that Akshay was Max's protojeh, so he was with me when I trained. I practically gave up running away after 4 months of being captured over and over again, the thing never came out even when I was at the brink of death. It was as if Max was testing something, when training was done everyday I would sit away from Max and scan past the dimension and just watch the light and darkness coincide with the other dimensions.

Akshay appeared beside me, I groaned. "What do you want?" Ready to stand and walk away.

Akshay grabbed my arm and pulled me back down, "Wait, I just wanted to tell you something,"

"Make it quick, I'm in a snappy mood." I growled the last part.

He sighed, "I just wanted to let you know, that it may not seem like it but Max is actually protecting you."

I laughed, "From what? No, he's not protecting me, he's holding me prisoner."

"Look Scarlette, it may not seem like it right now but we are still at war still, we've been at war for over a year now,"

He was right, when I was dead that's when the war started to climax and I guess when I woke up I totally forgot about it. All I could think about was Sammantha, than getting away from Max, but now I know the broad picture of the scenario.

"Why would Max protect me? Besides you two idiots, no one would dare trifle with me."

"Your just calling me an idiot because I'm better at fighting than you." I punched him in the arm. I hated when he did that, change a serious subject to a playish conversation.

He nudged my shoulder and I pushed him off, standing up this time without he don't pull me back down. I started walking and glanced back, mentally groaning with Akshay on my heels.

"Can you leave me alone for like 5 minutes!" I yell, getting irritated.

"You know I can't let you do that. If something happened between you and Max I have to be there in time for things not to turn into a massacre."

"I can handle myself." I pushed, walking faster.

Akshay easily walked beside me, damn his long legs. "Ah no you can't, you'd probably die from the first creature you see in this dimension."

"Creatures? But you said that no other creature can enter here." Spinning on my heel so I was face to face with him.

"Well have you ever thought there was a way for creatures to be born here: completely blood thirsty with no mercy. Not the descendant of Skoll but the creation?"

"Sounds cute." I stated.

"You want to try one of them out?" He asked, I stared into his eyes. He wanted me to say yes, he was so excited.

Thinking a little bit, "Yes."

He turned away from me and walked a few paces forward, glancing back at me and making sure I was ready he started chanting in a demonic tone, the atmosphere turning into a deathly stillness.